Sooo.....what are the thoughts on the Phoenix?

yabanja

Explorer
My wife enjoyed it as well and is already talking about next year!!!

Allan

My wife gave the PHX the "best interior award" of all the rigs we visited (and left our footprints in). She felt that it had the most useable storage. Note that the camper box is 15' long so it should have the most storage.

About the brown badge of courage award. I performed a full butt plant first thing Sunday AM and I sure hope there are no photos posted of that but I am pretty sure that I won that award. After two washings my pants are still Mormon Lake mud colored and my boots will never be the same. I will think of Snoverland Expo 15 every time I wear those pants and boots. My wife says she wants to come back next year...she's a keeper.

Buckstopper

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
So what is the cost of the PHX Body as viewed by yourself at the show ?
Cheers

They quoted 189k for the complete unit...so I'm thinking 140k or so for the coach? Probably pretty close to that figure, can't see it going much under. Over, sure, as one adds on options.

dlh62c

Explorer
It would be interesting to see how they handled the body mounts and if the body would fit on earlier model trucks.

Unless the design has changed, one of the Fuso camper players has to shift or relocate components on the vehicle's frame to get their body to mount. I wonder if its the same with the PHX.

I'm not sure I'm keen about bedding up against a window. Maybe the window could be removed all together. The bed height looks like you could sit on the edge of the bed and not hit your head on the ceiling, roof raised of course.

IMO, there needs to be some sort of rear bumper. Does the rear compartment door open downward like a ramp that would prevent a rear bumper from being mounted?

Last edited:

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Thanks for posting the interior vid. We are starting research on our next rig which will likely be Fuso based.

The one interesting thing I noticed about the PHX versus some others was it looked like there was a micro wave or something that was attached to the roof and rode up and down when you raised and lowered the roof? Was I looking at that right? Would be and interesting addition to some other rigs.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Czechsix, how was your take on the short height door. The FourWheelCamper I had, had that setup and was liveable, but is was not a $180k camper.
How do you feel that would be for long term use?

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for posting the interior vid. We are starting research on our next rig which will likely be Fuso based.

The one interesting thing I noticed about the PHX versus some others was it looked like there was a micro wave or something that was attached to the roof and rode up and down when you raised and lowered the roof? Was I looking at that right? Would be and interesting addition to some other rigs.

EarthCruiser EXPs have the microwave installed in the roof so it goes up and down with the roof.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Hi Michele. Thanks for pointing that out. Its a good idea for sure. In an effort to not hijack this thread about the Phoenix (which looks cool btw) I will jump on the EC thread to ask a series of questions I can't seem to find on your website.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Czechsix, how was your take on the short height door. The FourWheelCamper I had, had that setup and was liveable, but is was not a $180k camper.
How do you feel that would be for long term use?

It's a personal thing....or maybe not (age related, and I'm nowhere near as limber as I used to be), but there's no way I'd go for one of the short height doors. If, for some reason we just had to go that route, I'd have to buy a couple of bump hats.

I did ask if it would be possible to do a couple of entry steps in a drop down entry well, to give a full height door entry. Phoenix said no problem, about $500 additional. Matter of fact, my preference is for drop down entry wells, flimsy stairs going to additional heights worry me. I can see either tripping and going off the side, or slipping and ramming a leg between the steps. Plus older dogs have trouble with extended stair climbs.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I did ask if it would be possible to do a couple of entry steps in a drop down entry well, to give a full height door entry. Phoenix said no problem, about $500 additional. Matter of fact, my preference is for drop down entry wells, flimsy stairs going to additional heights worry me.
It is nice to know that they will do that (and very reasonable $$ at that). I agree, the less of the 'extendable' steps the better.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
That's what I said! But my wife has an aversion to midnight trips down the muddy ladder-Don't know why!!!

Trying to envision why she would be going down a muddy ladder at midnight? Or is this an euphemism for an act that I am far too inexperienced to understand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior