Anti-Luce clips in the USA. What do you guys call them and where do I find them.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
OK I have a need for self snugging (did I just invent a word or can I claim it is Australian) latches. We used these in Oz for everything. But I am struggling to find them here in the US. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What I am looking at these for is to latch up the bunk bed/bedding storage locker in my Ambo. I only have about 1/2" to 3/4" of room above these and overcenter type latches are not suitable because I do not want protrusions at the end of the bunk when it is in the down position (i.e. closer to the main bed below).

Baby%20antiluce%2013.jpg

Bennettbf

Observer
Jann Wenner is the most anti-Luce that I can come up with.

But as for a clip, I've never seen anything like that before.

Last edited:

kmacafee

Adventurer
I have them on my Hannibal awnings and I believe on my Harbor Freight welding table -- it holds a guide on the edges. Have you checked McMaster Carr, Grainger or Fastenal?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Most of the ones available in the US are very large. South African or Australian sources are best for the smaller ones.

screwball48

Explorer
I have seen those mentioned on here before. I believe that they were used on Land Rover vehicles. You may be able to source some through one of the companies that offer restoration parts for those. You may try posting a question in the Rover vehicles section also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Looks like Hal-E has a winner. I do have someone in Oz grabbing me some as well. Thanks guys.

I was really scared that I would have to put a Rover part on the Freightliner and ruin its reliability forever.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
That catalogue page is from a UK distributor called Albert Jagger. They're a great source of general commercial vehicle body building equipment. I have an account with them so let me know if you get completely stuck.

Treenail

Adventurer
I tried US sourcing them a year ago.

No luck. We live in a world wide economy...so Internet purchase it is!

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier