Going to the Darkside, just bought a set of 90w 7" LED round lights....hmmmmm

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
On a total whim, I just bought 2 7" 90w LED lights to try. For the price I paid for them, im not out a massive amount of money. They are similar to the ARB 7" lights. The information on them says Output to 750m at 1 LUX. and 1000m .25lux. We will see how they perform against my HID hellas. They may stay on the rig, they may be sold again. WE will see. ha ha. I also picked up a 6" led flood light for camping being mounted on my 3rd brake light, and 2 flush mount cubes for reverse lights being flushed in my bumper.

We will see how I like my LED lighting.

kojackJKU

Im going to. I am very interested. I have been putting off getting a light bar as you cannot aim your light. I am interested to see how these actually do.

lysol

Explorer
What wattage are your HID Hellas? Do you have the Hella HID lamps or did you do an HID conversion?

kojackJKU

My hellas are 55w, 4300K, and they are converted 500s. They work REALLY good. Its going to be hard for me to give them up actually. But I really wanted just to see if I would like LED lighting.

lysol

Explorer
My hellas are 55w, 4300K, and they are converted 500s. They work REALLY good. Its going to be hard for me to give them up actually. But I really wanted just to see if I would like LED lighting.

Ah, thanks. If anything, you might have a more even beam pattern from the LEDs, but I'm only saying from what others have said online. I am interested in the results though.

kojackJKU

My HID hellas have a very even beam actually. I was surprised after reading all the neg. comments about converting, mine work great. A little update on the 90w'ers. The seller was a flake, never returned my emails and never even took payment, so I have a different set of 9" "canon" type lights with 2 25w LEDs pointing at the reflector something like my trucklights. I will see what these are like.

rlynch356

Defyota
I have a set of the LED 9" lights on my D90... (mounted already) to try out.. i'll report back how they work after next weekend on the trail. Mine have the Flood covers mounted.
I honestly would really like a set of the real ones (ARB) as this is the first thing like this i have tried...
overall impressions are reasonably solidly made (Al and Laser cut SS) fasteners/bolts are suspect (hate to say it "too shinny" which may mean crap), huge output (8K lumens ? each). i moved my visionX 4.5" light cannons up to the roof so still can compare on the trail. However the cannons are a very focused light beam..

we'll see... maybe they can serve as Decoys for my other stuff :)

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 26

rlynch356

Defyota
Headed out tomorrow - i'll take some action shots. The funny/sad this is i'm running Hella H4's for headlights, basically like 2 candles when compared to the LED's - i need to move the trucklites back to the D90.

kojackJKU

Yep, truck lites are the gear. I think they are improving them every run. My new ones are better than my last ones. I also installed new HID bulbs into my hella 500s. The daylight is back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior