MyWay / Camp Cover Evolution RTT

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
From another thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/137671-MyWay-RTT-As-mentioned-in-OverlandJournal

MyWay / Camp Cover is coming out with a new version of their Evolution tent.

This is the version Sam Watson mentions in the 2015 gear guide as one of his favorite pieces of kit. Now Louw from Camp Cover is coming out with a new version. He only has this protype so far, but it looks awesome. It will come in both a Touring and Standard version. Plus, those flies will be interchangeable.

As I learn more about the tent, I'll be sure to post the details.

Old version.

100_1361.jpg

New version:

11334254_877723312266789_6700376901784274722_o.jpg

11313155_877723328933454_4729951954780193767_o.jpg

11039305_877730552266065_5152327576274310870_o.jpg

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Here are the full specs of the tent. Straight from Camp Cover.

The following with regards to the new Evolution tent specs.

Find attached extra photos of the new material and colour scheme in addition to what have been send through last week.

Specs as follows.

1. Tent body: Tencate Ripstop .

Colour scheme :

- Autumn Brow & Sand (see attached spec sheet)

2. Tent Flysheet: Tencate Ripstop

Colour Scheme:

- Olive Green (see attached spec sheet)

3. Base frame construction:

Aluminium square tubing, 5mm polypropylene base sheeting. All S/S fittings and hinge.

4. Ladder construction:

2 Piece construction. Including extension feet.

32mm aluminium square tubing, anti-slip checker plate steps.

5. Dressing cubicle: 210 T Oxford Polyurethane coating.

Colour scheme:

- Howard Green.

6. Packing height:

- Complete unit with all included. 220mm

7. Weight:

- Tent only (excluding ladder, tent stays, dressing cubicle etc.): 44 kg.

- Complete unit (including ladder, tent stays, dressing cubicle etc) : 52 kg

Most notable design specifications.

1. Separated tent and flysheet.

This ensures a well ventilated tent minimalising condensation & vastly reduces heat inside the tent itself.

2. Adjustable roof window.

Contributes to ventilation in tent. Key aspect is that this “hatch” can be closed, so required ventilation can be adjusted as needed.

3. Single zip door.

With conventional tents having a double zipped door ( material and mesh having to be zipped separately), we have designed our doors to open a close with a singular zip, thus closing both mesh and material with one action. Opening the doorway for the view or extra ventilation is however possible with our inner zip, which is depicted in IMG 7292 – IMG 7936. This feature once again contributes to the versatility on the tent.

4. Midge Mesh Netting

We opted for the midge mesh as barrier to insects. The additional cost of the material is played down to the degree of ventilation and invisibility of the netting thus again contributing to ventilation and giving you the great view one would expect waking 2m of the ground.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
More info:

The ladder design is as it was. 2 Part fitting flat into the base frame. The PVC have been made a tad bigger to improves ease of packing. We have also added a double strap system so that the tension pulling the cover down comes from both sides reducing “ballooning” quite a bit.

The mattress cover is made out of a Nylon oxford with a PU coating. Its comes standard with a cotton fitted sheet for sleeping. The Oxford is to protect the foam against potential water damage.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I was just sent some more pics. Not sure when this be ready to be ordered, but they have one mounted up. Once they are officially on the market, I will more than likely have one shipped over. Of course, I will do a full review befitting an EXPO article. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will them over to these guys and get answers.

DSC_0308_zpsuqggiuvt.jpg

DSC_0302_zpshjzxazcs.jpg

DSC_0306_zpsv8mlzmpi.jpg

DSC_0304_zpsopvj2osn.jpg

DSC_0307_zps9lwc8sqn.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Calmont,

There are not any importers that I know of in the US. I have been dealing directly with Hermi Strauss with MyWay/CampCover HQ in SA and Paul Stevenson the UK stockist. I recommend you reach out to both of them. They will certainly help you with cost and shipping questions.

Personally, I love this tent enough that I will be buying one and having it shipped over for the start of next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz