Andy's Fleetwood Neon project

BADDANDY

Adventurer
A few weeks ago I dropped my suspension and moved it forward 2" so it now sits centered in the wheelwell. At least it showed that my plates I welded onto the angle iron are solid and didn't weld onto the blocks. That, and I verified I got the right shocks as I have 1/2" shock extension remaining at full droop.
FYI-my trailer outside tire to outside tire is about 80", same as my JK's with 35s.
I've also since removed the Jeep's Atlas tire carrier so I can open the tailgate.

Last edited:

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
I dig the neons. Such a cool trailer to use for wheeling. Just the right size. That suspension had to be a nice upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I dig the neons. Such a cool trailer to use for wheeling. Just the right size. That suspension had to be a nice upgrade!

Slipper-springs must not be made to flex; hence no rear shackles.
BTW, I sold my M416 when I bought the Neon which carries everything I had in the 416.

MountainD

Adventurer
Yea, there is a lot of storage inside. I am going to add some tie downs inside to help with shifting/slamming. Do you have anything to secure loads for the back-and-forth shuffle inside?

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Ordered the same type track tie-down system as my last post; four 36" tracks and four fittings, from Wal-Mart no less. 2 screw kits, 2 extra fittings, and 4 straps all from 3 different e-bay vendors. I couldn't find any vendor on the web selling anything close to what I bought in a complete kit. Searching for best price and ordering took hours due to long forgotten PINs and Wal-Mart's and e-bay's web sites sucking up major memory. Whew, glad that's over! I'll probaly buy an aluminum strip to use in-lieu of washers on the under-side of the floor to mount the tracks.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Tracks and parts came in. Got the rear bumper built, but all the welding made it bow, so out comes the high-lift tomorrow to try and straighten it. Then build the tire carrier.

orangeTJ

Explorer
Very cool. Where / when is your first big adventure with the new trailer?

(I spied a yellow DRZ in a few pics, parked it its normal spot, next to the tool box, LOL)

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Very cool. Where / when is your first big adventure with the new trailer? (I spied a yellow DRZ in a few pics, parked it its normal spot, next to the tool box, LOL)

It's looking like at the rally. I hope to get it out before then though. Yup, the bike that won't run off choke.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Doug, please bring an LED bulb for my interior light.

Today I drug it out to remove the PO's installed HF car battery charger which would overcharge the old batteries, disconnected the wiring to the heater, and cut the wires to the propane detector which was sucking up the juice. I then installed the Optima battery charger and wiring for a dual 110v wall socket to the PO's installed circuit breaker panel. I have zero battery drain now. The PO had installed an outside 110v female receptacle to the circuit breaker panel and a 12v fuse panel and 12v accessory socket which I am reusing. The disconnected yellow wires and relay are for a rear flood light I previously removed, but might reuse for porch lights. I also did some rearranging and tidying up of my storage. I ran out of daylight to install the track system and I need to buy a junction box and 110v wall socket which I'll do tomorrow.

trailer 049.jpg
trailer 053.jpg
trailer 054.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne