complete teardrop camper

darktardis

Hey, I'm starting to plan a build for a complete teardrop camper. It's going to have all the amenities, table and seating, bed, stove, sink, bathroom. the works. Being towed by a jeep it needs to be less than 2k lbs. I'm going to make the outside hall out of fiberglass and foam board insulation. What I'm working now is how thick to make the fiberglass and figure out how much the shell will weigh once finished. I'm working on floor plans now for everything and need to figure this out before I continue.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Bathroom in a teardrop? Sounds like it'll be more of a camp trailer with that kind of set up. Or a giant tear drop.

Be interesting to see the layout or mock up.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Bathroom in a teardrop? Sounds like it'll be more of a camp trailer with that kind of set up. Or a giant tear drop.

Be interesting to see the layout or mock up.

I agree. My trailer is on the large side of teardrops and I don't have room for a bathroom, unless I put privacy curtains around the sides of my awning.

darktardis

It's being modeled off of the tab l400, but can't afford to buy a premade one so was going to try to build it ourselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94