Who has the longest running ARB Fridge?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Not an ARB but my Waeco has also been running non stop in the vehicle for about 4 years. It goes with me everywhere I go. Love having cold drinks and water available without having to run to a convenience store. Or being able to buy a bunch of produce and meat from the grocery store, put it in the fridge right away, and stay out on errands indefinitely. No worries about temperature.

Oogs

14 years for me. Purchased in 2001 for a 9 month cross country trip. Has been used several other times for other camping trips. The last several years its been used in the house as the dedicated beer cooler.

Tappet

Observer
Not an ARB but an Engle. I have had this Fridge for at least 25 years. It was brought for a 12 month trip around Australia where it was flogged and been used on many camping trips since. Now days it's retired to the garage where it spends it's life a beer fridge and works as good now as the day I brought it. In fact it has been used as beer fridge for most of it's life when not taken camping. Truly an amazing piece of engineering. I don't think my new Engle will last as long.

AndrewP

Explorer
Another Engel 45 here. Bought new in 2002. It's been on every trip, in 5 different vehicles, used over the holidays for extra cold drink storage. Used for meat purchases at costco, and then out running around for hours afterward. Just back from 9 days out in Northern Nevada. It's perfect, and I would buy the exact model again. These are surprisingly frugal with your electricity. Just recently in Northern Nevada with mixed cool/warm (daytime highs near 70 but cool at night) temps, the 24 hour consumption was just 11 amp hours. I'll repeat the same test on the Rubicon next month when it's a bit warmer.

lysol

Explorer
I've had my ARB 50 for 1.5 years. It's been great, but it's been mostly powered off in the back of my wife's Jeep. We just use it when we want/need to.

alia176

Explorer
Engel 45MT here, like the older ARB fridge. Been abused since 2004 and still going strong.

As mentioned by Andy, they're extremely frugal with the current draw. I ran a test, pitting my Waeco 25 with the Engel 45. The smaller Waeco req'd almost 8amp from a dead stop to come up to temp before tapering off. The Engel only wanted 3amps before tapering of.

herm

Adventurer
mine has been running for months at a time on the back porch keeping the brews cold! Wy/CO summer and winters.

soul

Observer
Mine is running over 2 years continuous, mostly in the SUV except winter. I added 120 watt Solar Panel this year to the earlier LiFePO4 battery pack, and it has been running by itself for over 2 months now.

WP_20150418_13_54_22_Pro-DreamW8 (1280x722).jpg

WP_20150418_13_53_09_Pro-DreamW8 (1280x722).jpg

WP_20150418_13_53_47_Pro-DreamW8 (1280x722).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz