Who has the longest running ARB Fridge?

V85562A

Mines been going for about 2 weeks inside my house. I know its a high quality item, curious to see who has the longest running and please state in what conditions and geographic location.

ps.
Just installed the PITA transit bag tonight. A plastic pry bar used for interior trim removal will help greatly in you're installing the transit bag, will help get those brackets in there.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Mine has been running non-stop for a little over 4 years.
50 Liter purchased from 4WheelParts, Georgia heat & humidity.
It lives in the back of my trailer --- you can sorta see it in the picture.
Fed by two WallyWorld boat batteries, maintained by charger at home and solar on the road.

006_zps6uy0bgox.jpg

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
The 60 and 78 liter fridges are the longest ones ARB makes. I'm sure that most of them are still running.

;)

:p :p :p

Robert Bills

Explorer
I have the older version ARB/Engel fridge, continuously running for 7-8 years. It is mounted in my offroad trailer which is stored in my garage and used as my household freezer when not out camping.

perkj

Explorer
I have my ARB 50 running continuously in my garage off A/C when not in use in my LR3. At home its used as my beer fridge. Been running nearly continuously for nearly 3 years.

RubiChris

Observer
Mine has been running almost continuously for over three years in the back of my JK. I'm running dual batteries, plug in when parked, and have solar panels in case I do any extended camping in hot weather (haven't needed it yet.). Great fridge!

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
My 37qt has been running non-stop for the past two years since I bought it. From April through September/October it is essentially in the elements (with the tonneau cover drawn tightly over it) here in the PNW. It sees 70*-80* temps most of the year as well as a few weekends in the desert where it gets 90*-100+* and it does fairly well set at 0*C. My battery needs some help in the summer if my Jeep sits for more than day or two; I will be adding trickle charger leads and a solar setup this year to address that since a DBS is not in the cards yet.

gwittman

Adventurer
My old ARB has not been running continuously since I bought it around 1995 but it has seen plenty of use. It is a little beat up from many off-road trips but it cools as well as it did new. It still freezes if I need it to but don't need it very often. At the race tracks, where I also use it, I have seen over 100 degree temperatures. I can't go more than a day when it is hot without charging it. I used to start the engine to charge the battery, now I use a solar charger.

I am in SoCal.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
My edgestar(not ARB) :peepwall: has been around over 4 years some years non stop, others on and off. One summer it sat for 6months un used:sombrero:

It runs non stop in my 4runner set to 40F, 80watts of solar keep everything charged inbetween uses which is normally a week or so.

Sojourn

Wanderer
I have an ARB/Engel that has been running non stop in a non climate controlled (temps from -20 to 100 F) garage since April, 2008. It's a beer fridge than runs at -2 C.

jah310

Adventurer
I've had mine running either in the garage at home or in the trailer nonstop for about the last three years. Weather has been SoCal and NorCal (moved up to Bay Area last summer). Fridge rocks. Glad to see other people are running them full time. If something happened to mine I'd buy another tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
My first ARB Fridge (Sawifuji/Engel) is 13 years old, I sold it with my Tacoma last year but it's still running strong. It lived inside, outside, in the back of a FJ40, in the bed of a Tacoma, rain, snow, etc. We have a handful of new ARB's and an Engel in our rental fleet, they get used frequently and still fire up and cool down every single time.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Does this fridge run on battery electric and gas

No, the fridges being mentioned here are "portable" ones running on 12v/110v to power a Danfoss compressor. I believe you are thinking of the propane fridges common in older RVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94