Drawer slide recommendation

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I'm going to build a drawer system for the back of my 4Runner probably this week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for slides. I was going to just go with a regular cheap set from Home Depot or something but I think they just wouldn't last long and I'd end up regretting it. I was looking at the accuride slides and their rated high but pretty expensive also, plus I don't know if I really "need" 500lb rated slides.

Anyone have any slides that they like, I don't mind spending some money but I'd like to stay under 150 or 160 for the set if I can. Also what rate rating do you guys have, and are you happy with it? Would also be nice if its something I could just order through Amazon or something.

MasonT4R

I'm afraid I don't have personal experience but I've been told to look at McMaster-Carr's selection of slides. They have quite a few with different options and weight ratings.

Also there is currently a Group Buy going for the ARB Drawers over on T4R.org if you want to go that route.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Thanks I'll check them out. I'll look at t4r and see how good the group by is, I know those arb drawers are pricey.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Depending on the depth of the drawer you are going to need slides rated at 300 or 500 lbs. The rating is the weight the slide can handle with extended 16 or 18" I can't remember which one it is. Best to get full extension ball bearing slides. They are not cheap but they will last.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
If slides is what you want then yeah.. I see no point on going cheap on these..
Accuride slides are 500lbs rated, but drop down to 300 lbs on mobile applications... These are worth the $$
If cheaper is what you aiming for look at steel ball bearings... there is a thread floating around here with a guy that used ball bearings.... it's light, cheap and probably better than slides, but fabrication is probably a tad more too......

BurbanAZ

Explorer
If there isn't a more affordable option really for slides then I'll just go with the accursed. I'll look around and see what people have done with the ball bearings. I want these to last so I definitely don't want just a cheap set thats going to break on our next trip

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I used accurides on my build...but if I was to do it all over again I would go with ball bearings..... these are not cheap (as in quality), but they can be substantially cheaper (as in price) over 500@ rated slides...... Im happy with my slides.. 4.5 years and slide smooth as the first day they came off the shipping box.., but ball bearings are much much lighter and you are not limited by how long or short you want the drawer which would be the case with sliders............

check out this tread

leevalley for other slides options

burquedoka

Adventurer
Knapp and Voight or K&V slides are also very good. Maybe a step down from accuride, but the price is also a little more affordable.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Just ordered the Accuride slides. Ordered the 9307s in 20", I think they will be worth the money in the end

fireball

Explorer
Are your drawers only 20" deep? It might be too late, but if that is the case you might not need something that substantial as you can only fit so much weight in a drawer that shallow. And you certainly don't need a pair of 9307s for each drawer, so hopefully you ordered the 9308 pairs which is one locking and one standard.

I have built 4 cargo systems now for my trucks and friends/club members and have used the Accuride slides in each build. They really are awesome, hold up well and can hold tons of weight and still be super easy to operate. That said, the smaller shallow drawer for our 100 series uses the Accuride 3307 24" which has a lock out and is removable which is nice. We use that drawer to hold our cooking gear, so I can pull it out and bring it in the house to let the wife load it up before trips. We've also removed it from the truck and set it on a picnic table or our camp table just to make accessing the contents a bit easier. The 38" drawer on the other side holds tools and recovery gear and uses the 9308 slides.

The 3307s are also only 1/2"W and weight substantially less than the 9308 pairs.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I ordered the 9307s through Amazon but they I could only find them selling a single slide on there. I realized though that I am doing 2 drawers and only ordered one set so maybe I'll order a different type of slide for the other 2, that way I'll still have a locking slide on each.

Do you have a recommendation on where to order the slides from besides Amazon?

fireball

Explorer
Allegis Corp.

http://www.allegiscorp.com/

Look up the rep for your area and he should set you up with what you need. You can order a left and right locking, and a left and right non locking. Or two left locking and two left non-locking. Or two right locking and two left non-locking. Whichever you prefer. But honestly, for a 20" drawer unless you are filling it top to bottom with tools or lead weights, looks strongly at the 3307s.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Allegis Corp.

http://www.allegiscorp.com/

Look up the rep for your area and he should set you up with what you need. You can order a left and right locking, and a left and right non locking. Or two left locking and two left non-locking. Or two right locking and two left non-locking. Whichever you prefer. But honestly, for a 20" drawer unless you are filling it top to bottom with tools or lead weights, looks strongly at the 3307s.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to cancel my order through Amazon so hopefully that will go through and if it does I'll look up the 3307s and try and find a rep for my area. I think I'll do one locking on each drawer, looking through that site though I can tell they have a much much better selection, plus looks like they have a bunch of other stuff I can use. Thanks again

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles