Dodge / Ram diesel forum?

sdecker

After reading various threads here, I'm leaning toward a ram 2500 with a cummins diesel. Wanted to read up on this truck in a dodge forum. Any recommendations?

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Subscribe to Turbo Diesel Register (A GREAT Magazine for Dodge diesel owners) and you can read all about the various issues that all the different generations had / have........Or just buy a 2006 and don't worry about anything!

My 2001 Ram has 420,000 miles on it. If you take care of the Cummins motor it will be very reliable. The trouble is now I am having to repair lots of things on the truck itself since the body is showing age and the hinges and rubber seals and things dont last as long as the cummins but that is to be expected. Depending what year dodge you get you might want to poke over to pirate4x4.com too. They have a dodge section and are a bit more about hard core off roading but you can read about some mods and fixes that these guys do on their rigs.

Observer
DTR is hands down the cummins dodge source.

You have to sort through too much crap on cumminsforum. I've quit going there. Everything turns into a pissing match.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Subscribe to Turbo Diesel Register (A GREAT Magazine for Dodge diesel owners) and you can read all about the various issues that all the different generations had / have........Or just buy a 2006 and don't worry about anything!

Ditto and the quarterly issues,digital magazine and archive access is helpful. An '07 5.9 like mine will work too. A private party unit with service records is a must.

chet6.7

Explorer
DTR is hands down the cummins dodge source.

You have to sort through too much crap on cumminsforum. I've quit going there. Everything turns into a pissing match.

There is a lot of crap there,but,adding the core group of crappers to your ignore list cuts down on the unpleasantness.Lately, I have been wondering if there is a limit to how long an ignore list can be.
I also recommend the TDR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94