LRNR 2015

srschick

Adventurer
Was planning to check it out this year for the first time.
Anyone attend previously? any tips/trick/what to expect? Is it worth going?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I'm hitting Western National instead, but the LRNR was a great time when I went a couple years ago.

Avslash

Observer
Wish I could make it then.

I will be running trails in the Crested Butte area though, around the first week of September if anyone is interested in meeting up with a "flatlander" Rover crew.

Sleam

Explorer
I'm planning on making it to the Western Rally near Sedona, AZ as it's easier on my Series to get there. Let us know what you think of the LRNR. I went a few years ago and broke down five times in the three days trying to get there. The clutch went out north of Durango and I gave up! Never did get to meet everyone but I had great phone conversations and support on the adventure up and back!

DiscoNels

Adventurer
My wife and I have gone for the last 2 years in a row and plan to attend this year in July. The Solihull Society does a great job hosting this event. Highly recommend it. The first year we went (Ouray CO) we hotell'd it and last year in Moab we camped. This year we reserved a camp site as well (at the KOA).

Hope to see you all there!

Pogue

Workin on it
How intense are the runs generally? I've been looking the last few days, trying to get my schedule to work with it. Would I even be able to enjoy it in a stock rrc or disco I? 2" lift, 235/85s, the usual I guess... I won't have anything capable built by then

DiscoNels

Adventurer
Stock vehicles will be just fine. They have different trails that are all rated easy to difficult based on various factors. Although I don't recall seeing any stock D1, D2 or RRC they would all kick butt and I have seen stock LR3's and 4's at the rally.

Ray_G

Explorer
How intense are the runs generally? I've been looking the last few days, trying to get my schedule to work with it. Would I even be able to enjoy it in a stock rrc or disco I? 2" lift, 235/85s, the usual I guess... I won't have anything capable built by then

I'd suggest wheeling your truck in stock/near stock form; you may be surprised by just how capable a RRC or D1 is with the TC locked and in low range. Most important thing is the driver, second most important (IMHO) is a good set of tires. All else is gravy. These trucks perform extremely well right out of the box if they have good shoes on.
r-
Ray

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I'd suggest wheeling your truck in stock/near stock form; you may be surprised by just how capable a RRC or D1 is with the TC locked and in low range. Most important thing is the driver, second most important (IMHO) is a good set of tires. All else is gravy. These trucks perform extremely well right out of the box if they have good shoes on.
r-
Ray

Especially out west where traction is rarely an issue

Pogue

Workin on it
I've a fair amount of experience off road, its just not in this truck. I've been pleasantly surprised by everything I've thrown at it, but the worst its seen is heavily rutted fire roads or backwoods CO so far. New shoes on both so were good to go.
I'm gonna try and make it, me in the rrc and my brother in the disco. Just don't wanna hold anyone up!

Exploder
I've found slickrock to be anything but. I'm guessing the phrase was coined due to the absence of most flora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior