Maxsa innovations traction mat

jhill15

Explorer
I just ordered these
ee6979964ae775a6281c05ce0ef8203f.jpg

I know there were a few threads where these were mentioned, but they were kinda old and I would like to get updated info and experience's that members have had with them. I will be using them mainly for beach driving this summer...well hopefully I wont have to use them but if I do... I read the reviews on amazon and they seem to work well for half the price of maxtrax, and the other brands.

Thanks in advance

philndz

Adventurer
I just ordered these

Well that's at least two sets they'll be shipping today then. I haven't tested this theory yet, but I ordered a zippered nylon case made for a 76-key keyboard (the musical instrument type). On paper, it looks to fit the dimensions of the stacked traction boards almost perfectly.

jhill15

Explorer
Well that's at least two sets they'll be shipping today then. I haven't tested this theory yet, but I ordered a zippered nylon case made for a 76-key keyboard (the musical instrument type). On paper, it looks to fit the dimensions of the stacked traction boards almost perfectly.
Nice man! I never thought about putting them in a case but they will probably fit in a keyboard case quite nicely. I ended up ordering mine from walmart, amazon had them for...I think it was 8 cents cheaper, but i went with walmart cause the wifey wanted a few things as well.

tarditi

Explorer
Maxsa just makes/redesigns things cheaper - look at their product line and there are a lot of items they make that are somewhat common design (actual patent infringement may be avoided, perhaps not!) for other things - sort of like bell & howell... Nothing wrong with that approach, but you're getting a reduced cost somehow.

Jeremy P.

Adventurer
I have seen those on Amazon before and always thought what a blatant knock-off they are of Maxtrax. Have you noticed in the picture of the dodge durango in the sand that the front tires are already parked on the mats when the rear tires are spun down? It would be interesting to see some real world use by those who have ordered a set.

jhill15

Explorer
Just wondering if you got yours yet?

I got mine today and im a little disappointed. They are definitely knock offs and are not identical to the ones shown in the pictures online. They are more of an orange creamcicle color as opposed to blaze orange, and they are made from very slick plastic, so i'm having trouble understanding how you get traction from it. I'm not sure what maxtrax mats feel like so I really can't compare the quality between the two. I also thought they were double sided and could be used on either side, this is not the case...however after I looked neither are maxtrax.

Heres a pic
73413dba02cf4dd45340869cefb6b52a.jpg

philndz

Adventurer
Just wondering if you got yours yet?

Yep, and mine are just the way you describe. I haven't been up close and personal w/ the maxtrax, so I can't compare. I just tossed them in the keyboard-case with the rest of my recovery gear, some leveling blocks for parking w/ the roof tent, and threw the whole bundle in the truck as I'm headed out west tomorrow. If I happen to need them, I'll report back with the results. If I'm never heard from again, then they weren't effective.

herm

Adventurer
MAXTRAX have a textured surface all around, not really smooth at all. biggest test will be if all the little grippy things come off when you use them, or if you need them for bridging.

wjjeep

I received mine a few days ago. They seem well built and sturdy. The only problem I have is that they dont stack very well.

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
I've had these for about 8 months. I have used them in the snow with great success with several different types of trucks with several different types of tires. Also have used them in some soft mud/clay with good results also. Not a single knob has fallen off, one small area on one of them kinda melted from someone spinning there wheels on it for a little too long, but it doesn't affect the performance at all. My buddy has maxtrax and those are definitely a little beefier. With his we could bridge a gap, with mine not so much but we stacked a few rocks in the middle and it worked ok. For the price mine have worked great.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I find it ironic that the company name is Maxsa "Innovations." It's the way of the world to copy someone else's product and sell it cheaper, but that's not what I'd consider innovative.

narddog

Observer
Just ordered a set of these as well. For the price, I figure they're worth having on hand to get out of a sticky situation

WPSFan

Any updates on these? Earlier reviews on here seemed pretty good, reviews on Amazon are good. Hard to pass up for the price.

jhill15

Explorer
Any updates on these? Earlier reviews on here seemed pretty good, reviews on Amazon are good. Hard to pass up for the price.
I actually returned them because I never used them. My montero pushed through the sand like a pro...although now that I no longer own a montero and have a jeep patriot I will probably buy them again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior