Stereo question.

ccfdcal

Observer
I'm looking to upgrade my stereo in my 07 Hundy. I just got it and it isn't satellite ready as far as I can tell. I can hook up an external satellite unit, but I don't want a bunch of clutter. I'd rather replace the OEM head unit with a new one. I'm just wondering how it will look and integrate in the system. Any ideas or pics of current set ups would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djsixbillion

Adventurer
Does your truck have the factory navigation system? If so, there is no easy way to install an aftermarket head unit, as the climate controls are integrated with the stock unit.

peneumbra

Explorer
This might be a project for a professional car stereo place, given the complexities of these modern integrated systems. I seem to recall that there is a company somewhere in L.V. that deals with this kind of thing and has a good reputation.

ccfdcal

Observer
Yeah it has stock nav. I had a feeling it was going to give me issues.

Higglesworth

I just added satellite radio to my 05 using the Vais SL3Sat adapter. It integrates perfectly with the factory nav, and keeps the steering wheel controls. Looks 100% stock with the exception of the antenna on the roof.

ccfdcal

Observer
I just added satellite radio to my 05 using the Vais SL3Sat adapter. It integrates perfectly with the factory nav, and keeps the steering wheel controls. Looks 100% stock with the exception of the antenna on the roof.

Awesome thanks for the tip. I'm going to check it out today. Did you just purchase from Amazon?

Higglesworth

I got it from replacement radios on ebay, it came with the Vais adapter and a siriusXM tuner v300. Install took about 1 hour once I figured out how to run the wire for the antenna; mounted the antenna on the roof at the rear and ran the wire down the seal for the tailgate then under the carpet to the front of the truck. You'd never know it was aftermarket from looking at it. Let me know if you need any tips on install or have any other questions about it, absolutely the best thing I've done to my cruiser so far.

ccfdcal

Observer
Yeah once you go satellite radio it's hard to listen to terrestrial radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94