DOWNSIZING

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Two of those were around Point Reyes National Sea Shore last weekend. Both were driven by non US residents. German Couple who were camped behind us and an Asian couple who clearly did not speak English. I spoke to three American families new to camping with brand new camp trailers. One was in a 17ft R-pod brand new two kids with parents. Tow car was a Nissan Frontier. They were fun to talk with and were very excited about camping and having a blast.

The other family was in a T@B also new to camping and having fun, tow vehicle was a sienna. The third family was in a tent and traveling by Subaru OB also having a great time. What I found interesting is that english speaking camps were out numbered 3 to 1. We had a massive group of South Asian folk 50-60 people, across from us, Germans next to us one night, a Sweed the next night and a Brit the next.

I found it interesting given as a kid we never saw foriegners camping, and this trip the locals were no doubt the minority.

We took some newbies and now they are hooked and planning more trips this summer. So I guess we did our good camping deed this spring.

Saw a few of these in Zion a year ago. I've thought about a small RV rental - Toyota P/U's with tall caps, vans, etc. as a semi-retirement business with a focus on the foreign traveler. Being on the East Coast, the season is too short to really work, but in Florida or CA, it surely can work as several companies are doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles