Cooper STT Pro Size List is up

chet6.7

Explorer
Thanks for the update.

I called my local Cooper dealer to check pricing and see if they had some in stock.
None in stock and they don't know pricing,he is going to call Cooper for info.
It seems marketing is out in front generating demand,maybe they will be available sooner rather than later.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I'm rapidly falling in love with this tire. I wasn't interested in getting another set of mud-terrain tires so I had pretty much decided upon the S/T MAXX. But now that Cooper has published their graphs of "performance features" to compare and contrast different tires, not only does the new STT PRO soundly trounce the already-great STT, but it also looks to perform on par with or better than the ST-MAXX in areas where I'd expect it to fall behind. See for yourself by clicking the "performance features" tab on this page.

chet6.7

Explorer
I may have been able to order,but,I would like to see them first.I never considered Cooper tires in the past.
From what I read on CF,Toyo are often on back-order and they don't make a 305/70/18.
I only have 8 inch rims,so I may have trouble getting them mounted as they supposedly require an 8.5 inch rim.
Toyo has a larger sized tire that uses an 8 inch rim is a 315/70/18,but I don't want to have to trim the pinch welds.I also don't want to buy new wheels if I can help it. One reason is cost,but so many of the wheels have fake bead-locks,I despise fake bead-locks!
The OEM steel wheels are stronger than many of the cast alloy aftermarket wheels as well.

Fargo

Adventurer
There is not much difference in gas milage with my 285s and the 255s they replaced.

If you went to a less aggressive tread that can make a difference too. Did you notice any big changes in handling? What tires did you go to/from?

DanR7985

Observer
I look forward to a more long term review on these tires. I was wanting ST MAXX when I get new, but with how these are sounding they might be my next set.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I went from the stock crappy street GS-As to the ST MAXX, they ate the mileage, but since switching to the BFG AT, I regained most of my milage....due to weight and I guess stiffness of the tires. I am about 1-2 mpg worse from the stock GS-A with the BFG ATs.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Wheel spacers work too. I used them for 4 years with no issues. As have many many others. I have no issue running spacers and 285s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior