NAS LR3 build with an overseas twist

Ray_G

Explorer
Prepping for departure, chasing rattles.

A quick update since I can't leave well enough alone in many ways and in others its just a facet of rover ownership.

Truck is entering the final phase of getting ready to go home, that meant an 'export inspection' here in Abu Dhabi which means going to the great big inspection place and participating the the fairly well ordered circus.
2016-05-29 09.11.31.jpg
A minor debate with the technician regarding the hood blackout making the truck no longer 'green' ensued but eventually the guy helped out since nobody the US cares about if I have a black decal on the hood or not...so the ball is rolling for her departure
2016-05-29 09.38.01.jpg
A rattle has been driving me crazy from the back of the truck and in looking under the back end from where it seems to be coming from I found that the spare tire heat shield, aka the Spare Tire Cover, Rear, Valance Panel was cracked. Since I no longer have a spare tire there I decided that the path of least resistance was removal.
2016-05-29 17.07.12.jpg
With the bolts being somewhat corroded (2 of 4 broke), I think when she gets back to the US some anti-corrossion treatment/love will be in order.
2016-05-29 17.23.56.jpg

Some last minute fab of maxtrax brackets is in the works, but thats the subject of another update!

ColoDisco

Explorer
Ever since Moab I have had a rattle back there too, however I removed the same shield because my oversized spare would not fit otherwise. Still trying to track it down. Look forward to getting you back to the states!

Ray_G

Explorer
Ever since Moab I have had a rattle back there too, however I removed the same shield because my oversized spare would not fit otherwise. Still trying to track it down. Look forward to getting you back to the states!

I'm very much looking forward to being back, I rather like living overseas and the travel but the toll of it at the same time has worn thin too.

My rattle is weird-it's not over bumps and such so I'm stumped. Haven't driven the truck since I pulled the heat shield so we'll see tomorrow if that did the trick. In many ways I guess its her way of saying she's 10 years old and a Land Rover.

unseenone

Explorer
Maybe you can borrow some Chassis ears, sounds have a funny way of traveling around on the frame. Worth looking at the upper control arm bushes F/R, the various heat shields, etc. could just be a stone or a minor bend somewhere.

Ray_G

Explorer
Some final shots of a sort from the final days in AD. The truck should start her trek back shortly as the export cert is done and I'm already in transit.

Some amusing shots from the pack out of my household...only a rover owner.
1fd2fa5ede45b7c5d26c39014d3f268b.jpg

Anyone need a FR half rack w/LR3/4 rails? Several weeks from now one will arrive on the east coast.
db3d30d28fc25f0d30549f7164fc38ae.jpg

The last few days I was moved over to the Ritz..tough living...so this is a fitting last shot from the AD days of this truck.
da3709fa7b60b698dc6f854f9a544a24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ray_G

Explorer
Nothing huge right off, polymax flooring for the roof already on order. Wheels will likely go to black at some point soon. Fridge is on the short list. Deciding if KO2's need to happen before winter.

Smallest of mods, but not being overseas allows me to show the colors a little more:
048febc6a4ed8614266637439f7ce87b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior