How do you carry your fly rods?

georgiadrifter

Observer
Rod Vault for the flyrods and 4" PVC pipe with aluminum caps for the saltwater spinning rods:

ace265694de3d8248c7cc99fb9f697a3.jpg

intheways

Backcountry fishing set-up on my Cogburn CB4 fat-bike. Setup includes a Cogburn Gear Rack attached to a Blackburn Outpost cargo rack Pole and reel in a Cabelas 30" rod case. From the rack up; Jandd Rack Pack II containing cameras (still and video) sunblock, bug spray (Natrapel and DEET), bike tools, SPOT Tracker, energy bars, car keys, other small items. Also, on reverse side is are Velcro straps designed for an air pump. Since my pump is mounted on the downtube, I carry a collapsible Shakespeare rod with a Daiwa Silvercast ultralight spinning reel there; Wood frame soft net for C&R; Cabelas SoftBox tackle box with both flies, leaders, tipets, spare reel, and some spinning lures. I also carry the camo hydration pack seen in the background on the truck tailgate, containing 2 ltrs. of water, survival kit, rain gear, Gerber "Cool Tool" bicycling multi-tool, headlamp, batteries for GPS (unit on handlebars), first aid kit, Band-Aid box, bandana, map and lensatic compass, and a couple more energy bars.

Sometimes stash a heavy-duty bike lock in the Rack Pack if I will be bushwacking downstream a ways from my bike.

View attachment 294503

Ride and cast safe,
Hans

Nice setup! I have my FS for sale and plan on buying a Cogburn or something similar for the same purpose.

Jay61

I use the Simms double rod carry case, it holds any four piece outfit that is 9 ft or shorter. I carry everything from Tarpon rigs to trout rigs in them.

CSG

Explorer
I only carry one, my old 4-piece Sage 9' 5# with my original Lamson reel. Normally, the rod is in it's aluminum tube and the reel and spare spool are carried in my vest. I missed last season but not this year. I'm back, baby! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles