100 series low budget build

Good looking dog! I'm going to take out the rear seats soon, and I like the idea of having a barrier between dog and gear...I always would worry about my lab chewing stuff up. How do you like the fridge?

Rear bumper

I have been thinking of getting a full rear bumper after someone hit me in a parking lot. It's fine to keep for now, but I don't want to just replace it with an oem one. I really like the look of the kaymar ones, and I would love the arb if it had more then one jerry can carrier. Does anyone have any experience with axis off road? They have a nice looking bumper for the 100 but I couldn't find much info or reviews on it. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get a kaymar in the states anymore? And what the cost would be?

Last edited:

enzo

Explorer
I just checked out the Axis Off Road site and it says the rear bumpers are no longer available. That sucks as I really like the looks of their bumpers. You don't want to know what the Kaymar cost.

Dang, I really liked the look of the axis bumpers too. I emailed them, I'll let you know what they say.
I was worried about that with kaymar, I figured I would be lucky to have any change left from $3500 and even that might not be enough if they ship it overseas

Considering that in some areas tag and registration information is not confidential, I can see why some people blur their tags. In fact in some states, u have to opt out in order to keep your information related to your tag confidential.

If somebody wanted to steal some equipment off your vehicle, all they would have to do, is obtain the address related to the tag via open records, and then pay a midnight visit.

It is not much different than posting your vacation pictures on Facebook while you are on vacation and a local burglar seeing them and paying a visit before you get back.

Yes, there are criminals that can make use of resources to pick their next victim.

enzo

Explorer
Dang, I really liked the look of the axis bumpers too. I emailed them, I'll let you know what they say.
I was worried about that with kaymar, I figured I would be lucky to have any change left from $3500 and even that might not be enough if they ship it overseas

Did you ever hear back from AOR?

Yes, they said they are out of rear bars and not planning to make any more in the future. I am thinking of maybe modifying an arb gas can swing out to hold 3 cans. I loved the look of the axis bumper, wish they would make more.

80 series bumper on a 100?

I found a local 80 series with a kaymar rear bumper for parts as it has been rolled it looked like. Might even be someone's on here, had an arb front, dual arb lockers, looked nice. I know it wouldn't fit without modification, but is it even remotely possible to get them to fit or is the 100 too big? Any info would be appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94