Rubber mat between the camper and truck?

craig333

Expedition Leader
I like the idea of using some type of spray on rubber on the camper itself. Next time I take mine off I'm going to seriously consider it. Just repainted this last time though so its going to be a while.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Mine came with a stall mat too. It is cut to fit between the bed mounting bars from fwc. I also use the tacoma bed mat on top of it all for a level surface. My turnbuckles do loosen up once in a while but i appreciate the shock absorbing effect of the mats for the miles of off road travel I put my rig through.

My camper is only on my truck for trips so I don't worry much about water below the camper.

doctorit

Adventurer
One thing no one has mentioned here: a rubber mat also acts like a gasket, by crushing a little, it allows/keeps proper tension on your turnbuckles.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Debatable.
My turnbuckles loosen on most trips. Might be due to variables such as truck type, camper type, and the roads driven. I just tighten them up when I make camp.

One thing no one has mentioned here: a rubber mat also acts like a gasket, by crushing a little, it allows/keeps proper tension on your turnbuckles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94