Defender 110 300tdi and G-wagon G400CDi in search of remoteness

thebigblue

Adventurer
Updated http://gwagendays.com width several pics from 2 weeks of roaming the Anti-Atlas and High-Atlas mountains in Morocco.

_CF_1987.jpg

_CF_1830.jpg

_CF_1694-2.jpg

NYCRover

Observer
Amazing pictures and nice G!

I like the look of the spare riding high. This makes me want to flip mine around.

thebigblue

Adventurer
Thanks Scott, I´m apparently not familiar with the Danish off-road community, could you give me some insights on this...?
BTW I was not able to make it to the the Allrad in Germany, had to head home and fix a leaking EGR-cooler. This is now fixed with a new unit.

Last edited:

thebigblue

Adventurer
Hi Don,
Fuel quality is not as good as in Europe, although my truck has a "modern" common-rail engine and need decent fuel it worked alright, - even in Western Sahara where diesel quality will be poor I had no problems. (I actually had a problem with poor diesel in France on my way down to Africa, and had my truck stop due to paraffin in the rails....) On my G I run a combined pre-filter with a heater and a water-separator and I also added some diesel-booster/injector-cleaner on a regular basis.

Safety is no problem as long as you use your common sense - just as when traveling elsewhere.

Have fun

Don Raptor

Observer
Hi Don,
Fuel quality is not as good as in Europe, although my truck has a "modern" common-rail engine and need decent fuel it worked alright, - even in Western Sahara where diesel quality will be poor I had no problems. (I actually had a problem with poor diesel in France on my way down to Africa, and had my truck stop due to paraffin in the rails....) On my G I run a combined pre-filter with a heater and a water-separator and I also added some diesel-booster/injector-cleaner on a regular basis.

Safety is no problem as long as you use your common sense - just as when traveling elsewhere.

Have fun

now I don't mind leaving the US... ;-)
but my G has a 5liter V8 gasoline with the thirst of a horse after a 10 day postrun... I guess the fuel quality for gasoline isn't perfect either (maybe with need to run a pre-filter)

regarding safety I am only concerned that some stupid idiots come over the border and are looking for trouble.

Morocco is propably the 'safest' place down there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior