One happy Customer

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
One Happy Couple,driving across Oz via the Tanami Track to Broome and Back Via the Gibb River Road.
The Vehicle is the latest offering from Isuzu MY 15, with the Works and the Camper is a Westcoast RV's Truck camper

Wally's Truck.jpg

Attachments

• P1000649_copy.jpg
    P1000649_copy.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
While the camper is happy, the driver doesn't appear to be. He has that, lets get this over with, so I can go fishing look.

Nice looking rig!

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
If you want to service the Engine you just lower the Legs,undo the turnbuckles disconnect the Plugs,raise the camper all of witch takes about 5 minutes and drive the truck forward about a 3 feet and tilt the Cab.
Not alot to do considering you have the luxury of a body with a 19' 6 " internal length.
Cheers John

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The only problem that I have with a slide-on on a Fuso or Isuzu is that for me it would cost a fortune to register in the ACT.
Here if the camper can be removed from the truck it cannot be classified as a motorhome. Instead, it is classified as a commercial truck. This means the rego would be around $3,300/year and the insurance would also be higher.
I really like the concept, but it's just not a viable option for me.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
The only problem that I have with a slide-on on a Fuso or Isuzu is that for me it would cost a fortune to register in the ACT.
Here if the camper can be removed from the truck it cannot be classified as a motorhome. Instead, it is classified as a commercial truck. This means the rego would be around $3,300/year and the insurance would also be higher.
I really like the concept, but it's just not a viable option for me.

Similar rules here - if it is permanently mounted then you register it as a "house car" (doesn't matter the size or weight - it's a car and licensed/tagged as such). If the camper can be removed then it has to be registered as a truck and the registration is based on the weight.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
It looks like a lot of space on a small platform, but surely there's the potential for a simple problem that immobilises the truck and means that you can't drive the truck out from under the camper to fix it?

KMG

Adventurer
It looks like a lot of space on a small platform, but surely there's the potential for a simple problem that immobilises the truck and means that you can't drive the truck out from under the camper to fix it?
If the truck won't move on it's own he can use his front winch to pull it 3 feet.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
I would love to have the plural duty option. Motorcoach /Flatbed Vehicle.
Thinking of the option of being able to drop the camper to the ground while camping long term. While I use the truck to fetch groceries ECT or launch the fishing boat!

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Hi Curtis,Thats exacty the reason I build them that way,you can drive to a remote fishing spot,unload the house,set up camp and go exploring and fishing :wings::wings:
cheers John

KMG

Adventurer
I would love to have the plural duty option. Motorcoach /Flatbed Vehicle.
Thinking of the option of being able to drop the camper to the ground while camping long term. While I use the truck to fetch groceries ECT or launch the fishing boat!

To me the perfect setup is a shoe box style that lowers while traveling. When you arrive the camper jacks that raised the unit so you can drive under it could be pinned to the bed and raise the cabin roof. Or drive out from under it and use the legs to lower to the ground then pin the legs and raise the roof to use the cabin while sitting on the ground. Dual purpose for the trailer legs. Just an idea I almost tried. Kevin

fg4oz

Adventurer
Great set up. Love it. Tried doing a budget version but got stitched up. Could have almost bought a global warrior. Hope you have a great trip. Any photos of the inside?

Ben.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior