TIRES FOR A 2006 SUPER DUTY

brut4s

Adventurer
Well i'm about due for tires again. What are you running and how do you like them? FULL SIZE only please and diesel even better.
Thank you in advance

smlobx

Wanderer
I have an '06 SD diesel and I have been very happy with the Michelin LTX (either M/S or AT depending on your taste.

timsbroncs

I have a 2010 F-350 Diesel and I am running Toyo Open County M/Ts. 35k on them so far and the are working great.
Tim

Well i'm about due for tires again. What are you running and how do you like them? FULL SIZE only please and diesel even better.
Thank you in advance

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
are you looking for a street tire, or more offroad oriented? im very happy with the st maxx on my dodge 2500, they seem to be wearing much better than the mtr kevlars they replaced.

2012, F350 Diesel. running Toyo AT ll, 285/75/18 Got a few thousand miles on them, with and without camper on. So far they are a really good tire, wearing well not noisy. Haven't had them in any cruddy environments to really put them to the test, but at just under 11k lbs, probably not going to be too much crawling or mud bogging. One of the more popular tires on the Diesel forums, good weight rating and decent wear for an aggressive AT

brut4s

Adventurer
I'm looking for a all terrain tire. I ran the TOYO a/t tire hated it.Didn't make 25k. the Pro Comps lasted longer and worked better off road. leelikebikes, I'm leaning towards the Cooper ST MAXX.

drifter_r6

Observer
'12 F350 Diesel, Toyo AT2 Extreme's, 285-75-18. Have 7500 miles on them, I beat the hell out of them on two trips due to the jagged rocky AZ terrain. Rest has been street/highway use. Barely show any signs of wear. So far so good, smooth/quiet-er ride, balanced well. Good in mud and sand, haven't had them in snow yet.

My previous set were the Toyo M/T, they wore too quickly. At 32k needed replacing but I drove them near bald to 38k. They started chunking and got really noisy towards the end of tread life. Otherwise a decent tire but at $350+ each too costly to change them out that often.

Last edited:

kris

Observe
Another vote for the Toyo at2 Extreme. I'm also running the 285/75-18 and have about 8000 miles on them under an f350. Nice predictable ride, quiet on the highgway, and they're a really tough tire. Did a trip to the Panamint and Owens valleys a few weeks ago and they work well aired down to 30psi.

I don't expect too many tires to last 50k/mi under an 8000lb truck, especially an AT tire. If I get 30k/mi out of them I'll be happy. I you want 50k+ out of a tire, they are out there but you don't get something for nothing.

k.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
AT2's here on a 8650# truck with constantly mounted camper. I think I'll get darn near 40K safe miles. 2.50 ozs to balance after 18K. They're guaranteed to reach 50K with documented rotation and rebalance.
I've read squirm reports on the STT Maxx on the diesels.

Baja_Traveler

I've got 35,000 miles on the Coopers mounted to my F250 Superduty Diesel. They seem to be doing alright, but not as good as the Michelin's I used to have - got 70,000 miles each on two sets of them - but they were not load rated for my truck, so they will not install them anymore on diesels.

Got into some real mucky stuff running out to the point at San Quintin Baja last weekend, including floating over some really deep, soft sand with no problems - and with a contractors bed, but truck is not remotely light...

Coolest thing I've ever towed out of a stuck situation...
71428237.2WqKepBd.TowOut.jpg

On second set of toyo at2 on my 11 f250 with the 6.7 and there a good tire have held up fine, tractions good, not to noisy. Oh there 285/75/18

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've got 35,000 miles on the Coopers mounted to my F250 Superduty Diesel. They seem to be doing alright, but not as good as the Michelin's I used to have - got 70,000 miles each on two sets of them - but they were not load rated for my truck, so they will not install them anymore on diesels.

Got into some real mucky stuff running out to the point at San Quintin Baja last weekend, including floating over some really deep, soft sand with no problems - and with a contractors bed, but truck is not remotely light...

Coolest thing I've ever towed out of a stuck situation...
71428237.2WqKepBd.TowOut.jpg

My friend barely made it out to SQ pt. with his 10,750# Dodge CTD. It's got an aluminum bed mounted Phoenix camper on there. A truck out there had some 325-70-17's or wider and effortlessly floated out there. I used to take my Landcruiser out there and the clutch would get hot climbing the sandy roads. Pretty place.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
2012, F350 Diesel. running Toyo AT ll, 285/75/18 Got a few thousand miles on them, with and without camper on. So far they are a really good tire, wearing well not noisy. Haven't had them in any cruddy environments to really put them to the test, but at just under 11k lbs, probably not going to be too much crawling or mud bogging. One of the more popular tires on the Diesel forums, good weight rating and decent wear for an aggressive AT
Those 18's have a really high load capacity. The 17's like mine are 800# less.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I went with Yokohama Geolander A/T-S for my Suburban. They're available in an E rating, something like 2400-lb capacity. Only have about 2000mi on them so far, and you can feel a bit of a flat spot when they sit for 2-3 days, but that quickly vanishes by the time I'm out of my neighborhood. They're working well for me so far in light snow, wet roads and some foothill fire roads. And there doesn't seem to be any reported trouble with early wearing. I'm putting <6k mi a year lately, so I'm likely to need to replace them for age and sun rot, before I ever have to worry about any wear problems.

suburbantire_zps2d8ae0b8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles