Landcruiser 6x4 + Ambulance body + convert to extra cab from 12,000 km away = ???????

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Oz!

You know I wasn't kidding when I said I go down there to work on that 6x6 with ya! Are you gonna ship it back here to the US? Looking awesome… the more I look at the Ambu boxes the more sense they make! Kudos on arranging all of that from around the other side of the globe and the fab as well! I am jealous but yet relieved someone else takes on more builds than me!

PS…. Im sending all my rigs to your compound as I am out of room now at my place so don'e be alarmed upon your return…
(kindly do not post them on CL) lol
:smiley_drive:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
PS…. Im sending all my rigs to your compound as I am out of room now at my place so don'e be alarmed upon your return…
(kindly do not post them on CL) lol
:smiley_drive:

I am sure the missus will not be surprised at a 50 ft hummer turning up in the yard :Wow1:

patoz

Expedition Leader
I just found this thread and subscribed. I love seeing another ambo build, and it's looking good so far!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
How about a really late update.

When I was back in Australia in November we managed to get the vehicle panel work finished, Ambo box all mounted and sufficient wiring done to get it registered. On the following trip in Jan (very hot there then) I took it on its maiden voyage towards my hometown. Long story short it left me stranded multiple times all due to the cooling system failure. It popped a small leak in the lower tank outlet of the radiator and no matter what fixes I tried it keep losing the coolant. One of the failings of the temperate sensor/gauge on the toyotas is that they do not work very well when you lose fluid. So it got very hot a couple of times. Ended up having to finish both legs of the trip on our tilt tray (handy having toys like that).

But that was with the petrol motor that has been sitting for 17+ years. New head waiting to be put on and then it will be shiz and giggles. I actually think this might be a case of "maintenance induced failure". When I put it back on the road I flushed the cooling system which probably loosened the scale that was holding this together.

"Yeah its broken again, bring the tilt tray"
IMG_2555.jpg

The culprit the 2nd time. Not able to get a replacement in time out there so lets try to fix it.
IMG_2556.jpg

Not even 300,000 km's. Should be covered under warranty.
IMG_3890.jpg

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Damn, Oz, I'd read through your other thread (and follow it for updates) but didn't know you had another project going on, too - from very far away. That's got to be tough to manage. I'll follow along on this, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94