Advance Auto Platinum AGM

tbone1004

Observer
Have tried searching, but not much info on these. I have a pair of AA gold batteries that are about to fail within warranty. Unfortunately they don't have a G31, but was wondering if one of these would suffice for the arkpak that it will eventually end up in and whether or not these are similar to the Sears Diehard's. Just don't know enough about the subject.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Just another 12v lead-acid battery with fiberglass fabric between the plates. Pretty much all the same really. No worries.

228B

Observer
Yes, but are the plates made of 99.99% pure, virgin lead? ARE THEY? lol.

And do they require FIFTY friggin' amps! in bulk? Do they? and what about a necessary 13.6V (not 13.4... or 13.3) in float? NO!

These also may not cost over $300. ea! either.
I post in jest, kinda, and about the Odyssey in particular. Very fine battery, indeed. But picky! Boy, are they picky.

:)

AndrewP

Explorer
Can't go wrong with this Lifeline group 31 AGM battery. I have been using it trouble free for the past year in my Ark Pac to power my ARB fridge with a Renogy 100w solar panel suitcase to keep the he battery charged. The Lifeline battery is a beast! Just get this battery and be done with your battery search. No affiliation with Lifeline, just a happy consumer of this fine product.
http://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-Marine-AGM-Battery-GPL-31T/dp/B0055LKPX6

A nice battery no doubt, but is it 4 times as nice as a group 27 Marine/Starting battery from Costco(100 amp hours)? I get about 4 years from one of those and I doubt you'll get 16 years from a Lifeline.

Bigunit

Adventurer
A nice battery no doubt, but is it 4 times as nice as a group 27 Marine/Starting battery from Costco?

No doubt that a group 27 marine from Costco is a nice battery but try fitting a group 27 into an Arkpak. Which where I use my group 31 Lifeline.

..oh, and I forgot to ask, what's the reserve capacity of that group 27 Costco marine battery vs. the Lifeline group 31? IMO, it's always good to compare apples to apples.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles