DMC do monache meadows.

JESSE A

Adventurer
So elliot and I had been wanting to head to the moutains on a mellow trip, also give our new vehicles a shake down. Elliot and kayla had recently gotten a subaru forester XT, and elliot got kayla a rooftop tent for a wedding gift! I had been looking for a 04+ f150 4x4 for a while to start my new (slow) build! So we decided to give them a go and headed up to monache meadows is a remote area of the kern plateau, high clearance 4wd is recommended, we ended up being around 8000 feet. We didnt get any phots friday night because we rolled in to camp around 2am.

This is what we woke up to.
Saturday we slept in late enjoyed a great breakfast, I got to use my new grill and it worked awesome.

Camp for night 1 with the rooftop tent deployed.

After breakfast we wanted to go in a little bit further and explore the bakeoven sand dune and cross the kern river!

When we were exploring we noticed the storm cluoda rolling In and we started to get dumped on, snow, thunder , lighting, it was pretty epic!

JESSE A

Adventurer

On the trail to the river.

After crossing the river we decided to head back to camp and see how it held up with all the snow. The original plan was for elliot to head out early Sunday morning, but because of the snow it made the trail pretty difficult and we decided to go thru the tough section together and camp a little closer to the road, that ended up being a great idea, both cars were basically on race slicks and there were a few tricky sections.

Camp night 2.
Elliot and kayla headed out early sunday back through Kennedy Meadows. We decided to take the nice senic drive down into kern, and also hit the brewery.

And of course the brewery, we got extremely lucky they were having there 9th anniversary and they had Citra ipa on tap! We had a great weekend with no problems, other than my truck having an oil leak that I will need to take care of soon! Im sure elliot and kayla have some more pics of the difficult sections I was spotting and finding traction aids for elliots race slicks! Lok for more photos on instagram @bluedog_co

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior