Alaskan on a 97 F250 4x4 Diesel

Motafinga

Adventurer
By the way we ended up camping at a local spot since we were all packed for it and tried out the new set-up. The Truck fridge combined with the 100 watt Renogy ROCKS! never went below 12v

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Yep the torque converter lock-up solenoid takes it's signal from the third brake light to unlock. Burnt bulb makes it think you are using the brake...We even stopped at a tranny place before aborting the trip and they didn't even think of it. Glad I didn't end up spending a pile of dough to find this out..could've easily gone that way

You know, I've toyed with the idea of keeping a copy of the wiring diagram in my vehicle. A printed version is far too large, and reading the .pdfs would be a pain on the small tablet I use for navigation, but I think it might be time to put a copy on just the same. If I were away from home and ran into a wacky issue like this, I think I'd have been boned.

Motafinga

Adventurer
Now with BBQ!

Got the brunt of an idea that's been rolling around in my head for a bit worked out yesterday. Slide out BBQ! Got some nice 14" drawer slides and put together a sliding platform for the gas grill to sit on in the forward driver compartment. The pics show a temporary gas line running to it for the shake down run but it works killer. Just need to put some finishing touches on it to make it look a bit nicer and of course finish painting the inside of the compartments.
Yes the massive ribeyes were amazing!

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 7.12.42 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 7.13.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 7.13.02 PM.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
FYI, the rear brake light related issues are also related to towing with these old Fords as well.

If you ever tow, make darn sure that you have a good ground in the harness, not just grounded thru the ball.

Torque converter functions and even cruise control is effected if the trailer is grounded only thru the ball, when the hitch momentarily looses a solid connection in bumps.

Motafinga

Adventurer
FYI, the rear brake light related issues are also related to towing with these old Fords as well.

If you ever tow, make darn sure that you have a good ground in the harness, not just grounded thru the ball.

Torque converter functions and even cruise control is effected if the trailer is grounded only thru the ball, when the hitch momentarily looses a solid connection in bumps.

Good to know, I'd say towing a heavy load is about the least ideal time for your torque converter to throw a fit!

Motafinga

Adventurer
Operation tankless water heater has begun

As I've mentioned I wanted to use the r side rear compartment for my tankless water heater. I've been chipping away last couple days and got the plumbing pretty much knocked out and just need to mount the TLWH and run 2 more lines for the H20.
I used these for the water inlet/outlets on the rear of the bed
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.35.47 PM.jpg

and also plumbed in a gas line from the side of the LP compartment.

PICS!
The Bumper cutout for the stock bed is turning out to be a godsend for the plumbing lines.
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.40.08 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.39.54 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.39.28 PM.jpg

Nosferatu49534

Observer
Probably could last quit a while depending on how you rashin. I think my jayco only holds about 15 max. I haven't had a chance to test it yet as all my hoses are moldy from the previous owners not taking care of them.

Motafinga

Adventurer
That is a nice number. That is how much I have in my Hallmark Milner, and the increase over the "20" in my FWC is substantial.

Probably could last quit a while depending on how you rashin. I think my jayco only holds about 15 max. I haven't had a chance to test it yet as all my hoses are moldy from the previous owners not taking care of them.

Yeah it's a good amount for sure, we can also carry a 7 gal blue jug in one of the utility compartments if need be as well. The holding tank in the camper allows you to set a jug down and turn the spigot on to just pour into the tank too. Has come in handy more than once.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 8.38.17 AM.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've got 30 gallons on my Northstar. On a preliminary Baja trip I shared the shower with two other guys and we ate up the water pronto. You do have to ration it.
I use my garden sprayer mod mostly any more.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Yeah it's a good amount for sure, we can also carry a 7 gal blue jug in one of the utility compartments if need be as well. The holding tank in the camper allows you to set a jug down and turn the spigot on to just pour into the tank too. Has come in handy more than once.
]

That is really neat that you can just dump/drain a jug like that. :)

Motafinga

Adventurer
I've got 30 gallons on my Northstar. On a preliminary Baja trip I shared the shower with two other guys and we ate up the water pronto. You do have to ration it.
I use my garden sprayer mod mostly any more.

Definitely need to be frugal with the h20 sailor style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz