Alaskan on a 97 F250 4x4 Diesel

Motafinga

Adventurer
Got 3 months worth of crud washed off today and took her for a drive in the hills, she feels great with the fox shocks and handles really nice. Still a bunch of little things to do but I just wanted to drive it now that she's back together again. Can't wait to get out of town in a couple weeks to Sawmill lake, Tahoe wilderness!
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 8.44.19 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 8.48.38 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 8.49.04 PM.jpg

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Yeah! Great job on this project! It sounds like it's really coming together how you want!
It looks fantastic and I'm excited you get to take it out in a few weeks!
Keep up the hard work!

Nosferatu49534

Observer
That's not a bad price tag. As much as I like new things, I really hate payments and don't feel bad at all about tearing into and rebuilding what ever I want to meet my needs/ wants on something I paid for outright.

Motafinga

Adventurer
We have BASS

Put this bad little bastard in today under the rear seats....800 watt powered sub. can't even tell it's there and sounds killer!

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 8.14.38 PM.jpg

Made by planet audio worth every bit of 120 bux

Motafinga

Adventurer
Great build. Does the front mounted bike block the headlights at night?

Thanks! 20150827_123737.jpgyes it does block the lights however I have an easy solution. Headlights on the moto carrier. They plug into a disconnect on the grill, go through a relay and end up at a switch on the dash.

IMG_20150419_171156_184.jpg

Last edited:

anthonyca

Observer
Has the CHP givin you any trouble for your headlight solution? I ask because I like the idea of the front mounted bike when carrying two bikes. Thanks.

Motafinga

Adventurer
Has the CHP givin you any trouble for your headlight solution? I ask because I like the idea of the front mounted bike when carrying two bikes. Thanks.

I've never been hassled once, the headlights are DOT moto headlights so I'd think they are legal anyways, I'd put tail lights on the rear carrier like I do while you're at it too

Motafinga

Adventurer
This nice rig gets better and better! Pics do no justice to real life!

Hey Jamie! Thanks I didn't know you were on here.

Santa clause showed up yesterday with our new Truckfridge and Renogy 100 watt suitcase. We got the TF130 fridge shoehorned in after zipping off 1/4' of width from one side of the old opening. Well give a review after trying it this weekend. I will say the fridge looks really nice and has a ton of usable space compared to the Norcold N300 it replaced can't wait to try it.

Motafinga

Adventurer
PICS!

Also got the rest of the rear of the bed pretty much done as well, I might fix a few small imperfections later but with a huge to do list and us camping out of it this weekend it's close enough for Rock n Roll. I used to use the stock beds tailgate gate latch as an anchor for my moto carrier turn buckle but since the ute bed has no tail gate I re-purposed the bumper mounted happyjac thingy. seems to work a treat. I'll probably be building another moto carrier soon as this was kind of a prototype I built a couple years ago and it's looking pretty ratty these days from use, plus I'd like a little more ground clearance and weight savings.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 10.28.24 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 10.28.53 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 10.35.26 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Motafinga

Adventurer
So our weekend plans to the mountains in the action wagon got de-railed. We had the symptoms of a 2k problem turn out to be a 2 buck problem. I solved this mystery after we limped home and un-packed. Non-locking torque converter was to be blamed on a burnt 3rd brake light bulb : /

Oy Vey!

Motafinga

Adventurer
Whaaaa?

Are they on the same fuse circuit or something?

Yep the torque converter lock-up solenoid takes it's signal from the third brake light to unlock. Burnt bulb makes it think you are using the brake...We even stopped at a tranny place before aborting the trip and they didn't even think of it. Glad I didn't end up spending a pile of dough to find this out..could've easily gone that way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz