adore the episodes and all they do

however the commercialization is becoming a bit too much for the viewer

...though it pays the bills

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
adore the episodes and all they do

however the commercialization is becoming a bit too much for the viewer

...though it pays the bills

Catch 22 I suppose, the trip simply can't happen without sponsors, no different than a banner ad here on the forum. Having particpated in previous journeys of this caliber with the same gear... I prefer to thing of it as an endorsement, meaning the production side of our team networked with the same gear manifactures we would have used if we were paying. I do think you'll feel less of that side of the production as the season continues, the gear will simple become a backdrop to the bigger picture which is our travel and adventures along the way.

Willman

I have enjoyed each episode. Even my wife has been joining me which is out of the ordinary.

Keep up the great work!

yegoshin

I wish you guys spent a little less time on pavement in Baja, that place really has a lot to offer. Especially the 'other road' out of Mikes Sky Ranch....

cruiseroutfit

I wish you guys spent a little less time on pavement in Baja, that place really has a lot to offer. Especially the 'other road' out of Mikes Sky Ranch....

It absolutely does, I drove that section in the 2012 Baja 1000 :D

We actually spent a fair bit of time in the dirt in Baja, perhaps more than you're assume from the selected footage? We have a cross-section of progress versus quality when it comes to route and try and balance them well though one can always spend more time in Baja. Thanks for watching!

AaronK

Explorer
Just caught up and watched EP 3. As a diver, the idea that they sit you down for a 1 hour video then send you underwater is disconcerting.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Just caught up and watched EP 3. As a diver, the idea that they sit you down for a 1 hour video then send you underwater is disconcerting...

I agree :D

I didn't get in the water on my first dive until I had taken 7-8 hours of classroom training, then we moved to pool training and finally open water. I guess this is/was a standard PADI intro to diving course? They had extra instructors on hand and a shallow dive without a current but I'm with you, things are a little more laid back I'm MX :D

Honu

lost on the mainland
as a instructor for 15 years intro dives are easy :) diving is easy really your OW yeah more class etc... cause you will be going out on your own and not have someone watching you putting together your gear etc...

we used to do about 15 minutes of yacking a quick check in the pool or even off the back of the boat :) then out in the water no more than 30-35 feet with no more than 4 people with one instructor for me even a 1 hour video was longer than what we would do all the time for intros
and this was in the US on Maui where I would do sometimes 20+ of these a days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior