Expeditions West XV-JP Testing and Build Thread

Scott Brady

Founder
I started a new thread, which will get past the "why" and start to show the "what".

I just spent a few hours testing the Rubicon in Sedona. I will have more detailed commentary in the Overland Journal articles, but initially, it rocks. I drove the Rubicon nine times last summer in various JKs, mostly 2-doors and then once in the prototype XV-JP Unlimited version.

Here is a quick shot with a little flex (I could not find a way to get a tire in the air on that trail, but this is close).

rubicon.jpg

We are working on the suspension now with several engineers, but look for some proven desert race technology to be included. Next is bumpers, followed by an aux. tank and recovery systems. I will most likely have a North American tire/wheel combo and then something different for South America. Still in the specification process.

More details soon.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Looks good Scott! I almost asked the stupid question of: "why did you decide to go with the soft top over the hard top?" But then I remembered the 'other' modification you have planned for it....LOL.

Looking forward to watching this machine get built!

~James

HongerVenture

Adventurer
This should be fun...

I love how much time, energy, research, and care you put into your vehicles Scott. The enginerd in me approves. ;-)

JRhetts

Adventurer
New JK

Scott

I scored a new Rubicon Unlimited yesterday. I'll be testing it out as the snow leaves the fun places here in the Cascades, and I will be VERY interested in the suspension/wheel choices you come up with.

Please keep us posted in detail!!

John

LUISJG

Explorer
Scott.
one question,, are you going to relocate the gas lines that pass right next to the transmision ? I been hearing that it might be a good idea,. they are to close to it and it gets very hot, plus with some jks burning some people say it might be the reason.
im thinking of relocating mine.

Scott Brady

Founder
Yes, piles of parts are accumulating in the garage. AEV has been a huge support.

The EarthRoamer conversion is scheduled for the second week of July.

We are very excited.

The build will be featured in two parts, the first being all of the Jeep modifications and the second being the EarthRoamer conversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94