Quick review. MorRyde JK tailgate hinges

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I installed my MorRyde JK tailgate hinges two evenings ago. My stockers were pooched, rattling and sloppy. If you move the spare tire there was a good clunk, when the gate was open and you lift up and down on the end of the gate, there was noticeable movement, and noise. So, Upon talking to Jeff and my dealer, I ordered a set and got them this week.

Installation is a breeze. Took me about 1/2 hr to do it minus hunting the tools in my new shop.

After installation, I took a test drive. What a difference. My tailgate is quiet, there are no knocks, klunks or otherwise. The stock hinges transmitted vibes etc throughout the jeep. Now, there is nothing. They are SOLID. For the cost, its a needed upgrade for anyone taking their JK off road in any style of driving. I am adding the tire carrier once available.

I am in the process of getting some photos of them to put up. I never took any of the install process. As I just dive in, and get it done.

great product.

kojackJKU

Here is a shot of them mounted. Worth every penny.

i-ZpfTVBh-M.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

kojackJKU

They are a great addition to any jeep that see regular off road activity. No more rattles and shakes. It is actually quite dramatic the difference in my jeep. I had no idea my tailgate was moving and rattling so bad.

kojackJKU

I bought them at my local Jeep dealer. they cost me 160 bucks. Scott, after the rain, I will get some more photos of them for you.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I really like the design. Where did you buy them at? How much $$ ??

I bought them at my local Jeep dealer. they cost me 160 bucks. Scott, after the rain, I will get some more photos of them for you.

Most Jeep dealers won't have them. If do a Google search on "jk hd tailgate hinges" you'll find some places that sell them; the price at most places is $149.99 with free shipping.

kojackJKU

I would say its not an issue. Totally after the tire carrier is released. Jeff is a farely tall dude and he can stand on the tire. I would never attempt that on the stock gear.

bethecook

Just joined the forum! I also just bought the MORryde Tailgate hinges and absolutely love them. I actually found them on Facebook thru a company called Retrofit Offroad. I think you said you got them for $160. I got mine for $149.99 including shipping. I honestly would have paid $200 for them. They are that nice!

Enough talking... here are the MORryde hinges installed on my JK. My JK is a 2011 and the factory hinges were already rusty. What a bunch of garbage.

retrofit offroad hinges.jpg

kojackJKU

Actually I paid 160 cdn for them, so do the conversion is about 120 American. ha ha. They do work great, and I am anxiously waiting for the rest of the system to come out to complete the carrier.

My hinges were not rusty, they were wore out. at the latch end of the gate I had 1/8 of an inch play up and down. and they would rattle like a ******** when driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier