2017 Honda Ridgeline

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1506-2016-honda-ridgeline-spied-again/

Honda's working on a new version of the Ridgeline pickup. The truck will be based on the 2016 Pilot SUV. As the above link shows, the new Ridgeline will adopt the appearance of a more traditional four door pickup, while retaining the Pilot's unibody construction.

The all-new 2016 Pilot has a V6 with 280 hp, and 262 ft lb of torque. That's about 25 hp and 15 ft lb less than the Chevy Colorado V6 produces. The new Ridgeline will feature a 6 speed or 9 speed automatic and AWD. The AWD can vector torque to front or rear axles, and also from side to side as conditions require.

The Body-on-frame Colorado has a tow rating of 7000 lb. The unibody Pilot can tow 5000 lb. Honda might boost the tow rating of the Ridgeline with a fancy tow hitch, but it's fair to assume Colorado will maintain the advantage. Cargo capacity of the Ridgeline is unknown, but the Pilot is an 8 passenger SUV so I'd guess 1700-1800 lb.

The new Ridgeline should appear in calendar 2016 as a 2017 model.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Still seems like a minivan with a big trunk.

Our 2005 Pilot and it's Ridgeline cousin are much smaller vehicles compared to an Odyssey.
I get in my friend's Odyssey and feel like I'm in a boat.
Hopefully,Honda will keep the dimension differential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94