Old YJ versus new Rubi

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
This video brought back many memories for me. I was so proud/excited when I purchased a new YJ, only to discover quickly how horrible a jeep could be.

These guys take an old 95 and pit it against a 2015 unlimited. Lack of articulation, well you'll see.

http://youtu.be/wWjBipdqYYI

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Could they not find a 2 dr rubicon? Also dedicated mud tires and lockers on the YJ would have made a huge difference.

da10A

Adventurer
I loved both yjs I have owned, but my 10A kicks both their asses in every aspect. But what do you expect... My first was an '87 and my second a '90!!!

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
These doofuses drive me nuts with their regular car reviews. Watching them review these Jeeps was even more painful.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
My YJ was awesome, man I loved that thing. I think a lot of my fond memories are due to me being 18 and single though. There's no way that could be my daily driver today. The JK beats it in every aspect except perhaps for authenticity. I also recall having to put a 4" lift on it to clear 33's without rubing at full compression. Those guys are not off-road guys and the trail they used was pretty mild. The video comparing the Jeep to the Raptor was even worse.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
This video brought back many memories for me. I was so proud/excited when I purchased a new YJ, only to discover quickly how horrible a jeep could be.

These guys take an old 95 and pit it against a 2015 unlimited. Lack of articulation, well you'll see.

http://youtu.be/wWjBipdqYYI

X2 had a yj in high school. Stock they are completely useless.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Best part of the YJ was how easy they were (are) to work on. No question the newer the jeep the better the vehicle, but I love YJ's

gkcarmory

Observer
So what's next a video comparing a 95 Cherokee to a 15 Cherokee? Let's hope not... To me there was no real true value in that video... Basically comparing Apples to Oranges.... I personally would personally take the YJ but that's me... More technologically means more breakage on the trail... I like to know I am able to open the hood and not have to worry about a computer on the trail... But that's my .02 cents. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
My YJ was mostly stock form except for tires. i had the Safari edition and man did I love that crappin jeep! Those sunken in headlights so military I thought. But articulation wise, pounded me to death off road, carburator spit fuel all over engine compartment and a plastic fuel tank that failed me bad while traversing Death Valley. I have photos, but they are only prints in a family album?

It was the first Jeep I actually put real hard earned money into. Back in 88, there was no hope for any EFI.

luk4mud

Explorer
Both guys look like they need to spend a little more time in the gym and a little less time at the ice cream counter.

So what's next a video comparing a 95 Cherokee to a 15 Cherokee? Let's hope not... To me there was no real true value in that video... Basically comparing Apples to Oranges.... I personally would personally take the YJ but that's me... More technologically means more breakage on the trail... I like to know I am able to open the hood and not have to worry about a computer on the trail... But that's my .02 cents. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When's the last time you saw someone break down over a computer on the trail? I've sprayed lots of ether in malfunctioning carbs, but I've never seen someone need to bust out a laptop and reflash their ECU on trail ;)

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Interesting how two guys mixed with low budget film making results in this much negativity.

The video merely sparked nowadays forgotten memories of off-highway travel. Other than 30 inch Norsemen Radials, I could not afford bigger wheels and lift. As for the two men doing the eval/comparision, I do not know them personally. In my eyes I only see two guys enjoying machines that go on four wheels. The getting stuck in what we think are simple negotiable mud challenges as viewers anyway, well? Guess what? My old YJ (read yuppie Jeep) most offen found ourselves stucker in ********! Pulling out the winch cable AGAIN!

As compared to my 2012 two door JK. Stock MT's, I'm a very happy explorer within my realm of man and machine.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Interesting how two guys mixed with low budget film making results in this much negativity.

That's not the problem. There's absolutely nothing wrong with two guys and a low budget making a film for YouTube. The problem with this video is that they're trying to compare/contrast two completely different vehicles, claiming an apples-to-apples comparison that is actually closer to apples-to-oranges. Add onto that the fact that they have 1,962 car review videos to date, and they really, really ought to know better - they're supposedly "expert" car reviewers, yet a couple of teenagers doing their own homemade video could easily do a much better job. These guys are simply doing a disservice to their audience.

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Oh...

I am not any sort of regular viewer if you will, a friend sent me the video and it brought back fond memories of younger days and great trips.

Thank you for putting it all into better perspective

Gary

Note. I did see a few of their other reviews via YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles