Project "Problem Child"

poriggity

Explorer
Was outside taking out the trash, and decided I'd flip on the lights to the truck, and the porch lights on one side, to give you an idea of what I did today.. replaced all my outer light bulbs with LED's.. For power conservation alone when boondocking. Tommorow I hope to test the seal on the toilet, and fill and flush the fresh water tank...

20150626_204602_resized.jpg

Scott

poriggity

Explorer
Didn't have much time to do stuff this morning, gotta do some work around the house. Poured some water into the toilet bowl about 30 min ago, and no leaks! Hopefully I can sneak out later and sanitize and fill the fresh water tank to test for leaks...

Scott

poriggity

Explorer
Replaced my shredded bathroom fan too...

e7751dfef19c7ce5c6c984d4888c595b.jpg

As well as the broken trim ring around my dinette vent..

b1046afd4e7e3c031ce710438f429317.jpg

Scott

Last edited:

poriggity

Explorer
Hooked up my BBQ propane tank to the camper, and managed to light the stove pilot and the oven pretty easily. The generator would not fire, and the fridge would not light on propane. I haven't had a lot of time to diagnose the problem, but I'm hoping to spend a little more time on it later. I have the fridge plugged into shore power, and it works fine on that.. go figure. I'm sure it's something simple.. it usually is.

20150628_075753.jpg

poriggity

Explorer
Figured out the fridge issue, and it was just some air in the lines, so fridge is fully functioning. Filled up the freshwater tank, and have no leaks, so I suppose that's a good thing. Gotta figure out how the heater and water heater work, then I'll be set.

Last edited:

poriggity

Explorer
Nothing real exciting happening... I replaced a broken vent cover, and tore all the shrunk and dilapitated wall paper off the walls. Now I am just trying to figure out what to replace the wall paper with. I don't really want to have to wall paper again if I don't have to... This week some time I am hoping to finally get the propane tanks re-certified and back into the camper, then we'll be almost ready for camping next month. Next steps will be filling the fresh water tank and sanitizing it, then making sure that it's working properly...

poriggity

Explorer
Once again, another weekend with not a lot accomplished. Between the torrential rains, and my 3 year old daughter going in for some dental surgery I got very little done. I did manage to get a replacement fire extinguisher that meets the same specs as the one installed by the factory, and fits in the factory location..

20150718_150415_resized.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
It's coming along great.
There's times when I'd like a hardsided camper. Unfortunately I don't have a long driveway on the side to store it when not in use.

poriggity

Explorer
It's coming along great.
There's times when I'd like a hardsided camper. Unfortunately I don't have a long driveway on the side to store it when not in use.
Trust me, given my typically camping spots, a hard side camper is probably not the most effective unit to own, but for the price (free) I will make it work...

poriggity

Explorer
Got some more work done today, cleaned it up and started packing for the inaugural camping trip coming up in 2 weeks. I sanitized and filled the fresh water tank, ran the pump for a while with all faucets on, and can't get water to come out of the faucets. I'm thinking I need to either figure out how to prime the pump, or hook up to my city water connection and turn it on to purge all the air out of the system. Also changed the generator spark plug. Tomorrow I plan on hooking up the BBQ propane tank to see if I can get the generator to fire, and I'll see if I can resolve the issue with my water pump not pumping.
4b6dde4cb6f81cfa3468821f3d527ab6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online