E.J.'s Dirty Nismo 2005 Frontier CC Build Thread/Journal

E.J.

Explorer
Been putting this off too long, but the truck is coming together faster than I expected. Last September I reculently had to replace our old Forester that was getting a little beat and unreliable for long trips especially when I threw our small trailer in the mix..
DSCN5937.JPG

R.I.P. lil buddy (well he lives last I heard, just not in my driveway)

I really wanted to get into an Xterra but nothing panned out, did an image search for "Overland Frontier" and it clicked. Found an unsuspecting Frontier on craigslist advertised simply as a 4x4 Frontier. Went and checked it out and noticed the switches for the dif lock and decent control :wings: Swung it by a trusted shop and everything appeared kosher. Little haggling and I came home with this...
IMG_20140923_133333.jpg

Did I mention the Foz had a little lift?

And now in it's current form (I'll update this bit as I go)
IMG_20150607_111212.jpg

As prudent with any used rig I started the build process by baselining: changed all of the fluids, brake job, fresh battery, and the kicker was having the timing chain and guides replaced.

Exterior/Suspension/Mechanical
ARB deluxe bullbar
P&P Engineering rock sliders
Softopper (used, awesome deal)
US Rack topper rack, shortened 2.5" to make it level with the factory rack siderails on the cab
Ebay snorkel kit
Raised rear diff breather
OME HD coils up front, medium Dakar leafs out back, nitrochargers all around
265/75 16 Kenda Klever MT's

Interior
Replaced double din RF head unit with a single din Alpine for ipod integration and room for...
Uniden 520 CB radio, mounted in the dash under the Alpine stereo
Life Hammer mounted on roof console
Not really a mod but the rear driver side door pocket fits a fire extinguisher and first aid kit like it was made for it.
TSC truck box mounted to the utilitrack

Last edited:

E.J.

Explorer
IMG_20150614_173509836_HDR.jpg

Here's the dash install, there's an external speaker for the CB down below.
IMG_20150614_173532823_HDR.jpg

Nice accessible spot for a life hammer.
IMG_20150614_173544705_HDR.jpg

The things you never want to use fit like a glove right here.
IMG_20150614_173707373.jpg

Some decent secure storage in the bed. The PO definately used this as a truck.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Great looking truck EJ! I really like that Softopper, and I think I might use that same spot for my fire extinguisher. I like seeing Frontiers on 265s, there's not many of us out there.

Only thing I would recommend is doing the little diff breather mod if you haven't already.

fortel

Adventurer
X2, nice truck. Going from the 265/70s to 265/75 KO2s on my 2012 made a huge difference in how the truck looked. Keep us posted on future mods.

E.J.

Explorer
Thanks guys.
Only thing I would recommend is doing the little diff breather mod if you haven't already.
Done, first little thing I did after the rad bypass.

Next on the list will be a suspension upgrade, probably OME but we'll see. The stock nismo front springs are carrying the extra weight fine but the rear is kind of soft.

zolo

Explorer
JOSH!! You have been a busy bee since we both moved far far away from one another.
Truck looks rad. You were always good with the details. The CB instal is clean man.

Hope you are doing well. Miss you and the fam.

E.J.

Explorer
JOSH!! You have been a busy bee since we both moved far far away from one another.
Truck looks rad. You were always good with the details. The CB instal is clean man.

Hope you are doing well. Miss you and the fam.

Thanks man, this one is coming together a lot faster than the Subaru that's for sure. Getting it prepped for a big trip way down south to see y'all :rally_guys: Hey we can dream right?

Good looking Frontier. How many miles on her?
Thanks, it just hit 130k over the weekend and is running like a champ.

zolo

Explorer
Thanks man, this one is coming together a lot faster than the Subaru that's for sure. Getting it prepped for a big trip way down south to see y'all :rally_guys: Hey we can dream right?.

Yes sir!! We will leave the light on. When you get it loaded on the ship in Panama let us know. We will drive up to Colombia and meet ya!!

E.J.

Explorer
Sounds like a plan man!

We took a little trip up to Missouri last weekend, around 700 miles of highways and country roads with some FS roads but nothing really snotty.
Lots of this...
DSCN7507.JPG

DSCN7516.JPG

Just enough of this stuff. I recently put longer softer springs on the trailer, the thing actually has some flex now. Shocks are going to be necessary before I drag it down anything too rough.
DSCN7750.JPG

DSCN7741.JPG

Funny thing about summer camping in the south, you can choose any darn site you want because the camp areas are EMPTY
at Silver Mines rec area
DSCN7520.JPG

at Cobb Ridge
IMG_20150622_193257589.jpg

Last edited:

E.J.

Explorer
Up there we took in some of the cool geological sites...
Pickle Springs
DSCN7635.JPG

DSCN7620.JPG

IMG_20150621_123542876.jpg

Elephant Rocks
DSCN7650.JPG

IMG_20150622_120459636_HDR.jpg

DSCN7668.JPG

Not bad Missouri, looking forward to exploring some more of you.

Last edited:

fortel

Adventurer
Glad you had a nice trip to Missouri. Pickle Springs and Elephant Rocks are both great little places to explore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles