new recovery tracks for large offroad vehicles

alan

Explorer
Just arrived today, it's been about 2 years in the making but finally a recovery track for the larger offroad vehicles, no fancy colors yet just orange, they measure up at 400mm wide and 1500mm in length, price you ask! $300aud a set.

yabanja

Explorer
I may be wrong, but I believe they are meant to bend... they are not bridging ladders! Just designed to get you unstuck(could have used some a week ago!)

Allan

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Other than size, how do they compare to Maxtrax?

Length is definitely a plus for the bigger trucks.

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Grease them up with axle grease and see how they do. I could get ZERO traction with MaxTrax in the mud at EXPO. The only good they did was to keep me from digging in any deeper. Not sure these would have helped either. Might help in sand or rocks but mud...not so much.

Buckstopper

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
The traction nubs look pretty small, maybe they engage well with siping but they do look like they'd slip easily in mud or wet or....stuff you'd generally get stuck in other than sand.

Looking for a traction aid for our 6-7 ton truck camper rig.

dlh62c

Explorer
They certainly look robust. The traction nubs have to be aggressive enough for the tires to grip and also grip the ground so they don't shoot out.

I take it, a set of these is a pair of recovery tracks?

Last edited:

waveslider

Outdoorsman
By my experience, the larger nubs from some of the other brands tend to just rip off anyway the first time you spin on them. You can try to avoid spinning all you want, but it does happen. Maybe the smaller bumps will maintain better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles