NPS slowly emerges

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Thanks for the detailed reply about your electrics. It really is a minefield trying to solve that part of the build and it seems no 2 builds have done it the same way.
Congrats on getting it to 'lock up'!
I notice the body is short of the rear end, is that for wheel mounting on the back wall?

Alastair D(Aus)

aging but active
Thanks for the detailed reply about your electrics. It really is a minefield trying to solve that part of the build and it seems no 2 builds have done it the same way.
Congrats on getting it to 'lock up'!
I notice the body is short of the rear end, is that for wheel mounting on the back wall?

Yes at some point I will build a rig to hold spare wheel, a crane to lift it up and down, a spare tyre above the wheel and a rack to hold firewood we pick up on the way in to camp. There will be a small platform and overhang under which I will mount the lights etc. As you know there is a limit to the projection of 60% of the wheelbase behind the rear axle. We will be just under for the rearmost point. Whilst we have a big overhang I have tried to keep the height reasonable to minimise hang ups. We do not plan deliberately going into rough conditions but washaways are always the catch outs.

There is already a Runva winch mounted between the chassis rails at the rear for which I have to maintain some clearance although I don't expect to use it often. We see our recovery gear as being for those situations when we get stuck because the conditions were worse than we realised. We are not rock crawlers.

I agree about electrics. If I were starting again I would do things differently. My plan is to work with what I have got for a year or two and then redo the basic part of the system if I find it is not working well and we are using the rig enough to justify it.

I hope to make the box truly lockup in the next day if the weather cooperates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior