ZR2nit

Adventurer
Hello my name is Marty. I have been "eyeing" this forum for quite some time now. I must say that I am very impressed by some of the rigs on here. I just wanted to say hello and post some pics. of my truck. I know its not much but hey we all have to start somewhere right

Its a black 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2 HighRider. It has a 4.3 liter engine (still stock) rated at 190hp and 250 ft. lbs of torque. Mine is a automatic with a three button electronic 4x4. It only has 60,000 miles on it!!!!

Modifications:
31x10.5x15 Pro-Comp Xtreme Mud Terrains
Line-x'ed rockers, flares,and rear bumper
cheap 55 watt fogs (hey I off road a lot)
4 ton rated front reciever shackles
SmittyBilt XRC8000 lbs. winch
a modified blazer roof rack (cut to fit)
modified Rola Roof Rack (also cut to fit)
and nerf bars

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/zR2nit/truckpicsroofRackcut008.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/zR2nit/RightsideofZr2.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/zR2nit/truckpics141.jpg

Take care everyone and I'll see ya around

adrenaline503

Explorer
Wow, nice truck. It is always nice to see something different on here. Do you have any details on the Line-x job? It looks really nice.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
I just simply took it to a Line-X dealer and had them spray it. It cost around $350 a few years ago

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Oh sorry....The Line-X has held up great. I go off roading a lot and have yet to chip or mess it up at all:victory:

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Ursidae69 said:
Welcome to the Portal ZR2nit, I used to have a Highrider myself and really enjoyed that truck.

Right on:rolleyes: You crazy "yota" and "Heep" guys LOL. Yeah its the first 4x4 I have owned and I love it so far. I plan on doing a SAS to it sometime by early next year

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Welcome to the fun.:wings:
Its a great positive group we have here.
Nice truck. How have the pro-comp tires worked for you?

Regards,

Jim

ZR2nit

Adventurer
The Pro-Comps have been great. I got a good deal on them through 4WP. $500 for 5 tires shipped to my door. I couldn't pass them up. Ever type of terrain I have been in (minus snow, it doesn't snow much in South,AL) they have performed flawlessly.

Thanks on the nice tuck comment. But lets be honest my truck is nothing compared to a UniMOG and some of the other rigs on this forum

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
ZR2nit said:
The Pro-Comps have been great. I got a good deal on them through 4WP. $500 for 5 tires shipped to my door. I couldn't pass them up. Ever type of terrain I have been in (minus snow, it doesn't snow much in South,AL) they have performed flawlessly.

Thanks on the nice tuck comment. But lets be honest my truck is nothing compared to a UniMOG and some of the other rigs on this forum

Everyone starts out some where. Its the fun of building and finding out what works for your needs. Then your needs change and there you go, starting out again.
I started off roading with a VW thing in New Mexico, dreaming of the day I could afford a real 4X4 truck.

Regards,

Jim

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the portal. Great to see something different around here.

Keep us updated on the buildup...consider starting a truck thread detailing all of your updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles