Fridge cable detangle ideas

vanhack

So I have a ARB fridge, on a slide. Cable has been modded with Anderson plugs. But how do stop the cable tangling with slide when sliding the fridge back in.

r_vdb

Observer
I guess I have been lucky, I was thinking I was going to have issues of it binding up but so far so good. I just lay mine in the center & bring it around the back right corner of the base of the slide & back to the rear of the truck... As I push the slide in it somewhat coils itself up underneath...

4x4junkie

Explorer
I wrap a miniature bungee cord around the power cord and hook it to the handle on the fridge to keep it up away from the slide.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I did a wireless set up on mine using Bluetooth....

Just kidding. I just recently mounted my ARB fridge in my teardrop trailer on a slide. I've moved it back and forth a few times and it seemed ok. It'd be cool to have one of those coil like wires but I feel like you could be putting too much pulling force to where it's plugged in. Unless you were to use a clamp at where you'd let it begin to stretch and move with the slide.

Something along the lines like this. Not those plugs obviously, but the coiled part.

HM47065_500.jpg

fireball

Explorer
I just laid out my plug and wire and kept opening and closing the fridge on the slide until I was happy with how it worked. The cord is *just* long enough to reach the fridge when it is fully extended. When it slides back into place the wire/cord just wraps under the slide. Here are a few photos:

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

Maxcustody

Explorer
Like Fireball, mine is just long enough when fully extended....I run it along the driver side, it then lays along the outside edge when not extended. Working so far.

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

WOODY2

Adventurer
Source a spiral wound replacement chord and swap ends. Grainger has them as coiled power chord.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I have part of the power cord tied with with a zip tie. Long enough to let the slide fully extend, but fold back on place when the slide is in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz