air conditioning pump

biggoolies

Adventurer
I am in the process of putting in a diesel hydronic heating system for my truck. Although I have a 120 volt AC that runs off a generator, I thought of putting a heat exchanger in in which I could run a circulating line with a pump into a cold creek or lake that would exchange cooling with the auxiliary heater/coolers I will have in the living quarters. Has anyone done this?

Darcy

yabanja

Explorer
http://gizmodo.com/fill-this-cooler-with-icy-water-and-it-doubles-as-an-ai-1608449446

along with tons of instructable and DIY versions using coolers, fans, copper coils, etc.

If you are really ballsy, get an ARB cooler, fill it up with icy water and cut a fan into the lid. Compressor should keep ice cold for a long time, maybe indefinitely. Small, light AC that only draws 2.5 amps and 12 volts.

I like the freezer idea!-At least until you go over a big bump and spill ice water all over the interior and short out the electric fan!!

Allan

DzlToy

Explorer
lol, I was thinking block of ice or maybe frozen milk jugs to avoid that problem, good freezer bags full of commercial ice would also fit the bill and allow for some semblance of "temperature control" by varying the number, size and arrangement of bags as a function of intake location, fan placement, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier