disc-o-bed

calicamper

Expedition Leader
any of yall have experience with this?

http://www.rei.com/product/861415/disc-o-bed-cam-o-bunk-cots-with-organizers-x-large

looks like it would work well for the kids.

I have seen the adult version in person very well made and quite slick. I met a hunter type that simply uses the bunk, tarp over it as his hunting bunk.

I have seriously thought about getting the adult version for maximum functionality and using it in our tent trailer to create defined bunk space for my kids given they sleep better when they have defined sleeping spots etc. The kiddie thing seems to have just surfaced this year not sure the price is worth it given for just a couple bucks more you get the real deal and can use it with adults when needed etc. Good stuff though!!! I do like them and at some point will probably pick one up.

acg

Adventurer
I have the adult L version (there is also an XL version). Be careful to check the lngth of the bunk for fitting inside your tent. I recollect my disc-O-bed is almost 2 meters long. It would not fit laterally or longitudinally into the Tepui 26-second tent unless I place it diagonally across the tent floor.

AML

Adventurer
I used to have the XL version. See above.

And now have the kid version. Also see above.

The XL wouldn't fit in my tent the way I wanted so I swapped it out for the kid version. The full size ones are heavy. They are made well but a little cumbersome to assemble. Proabably faster for me to set up my tent than it is to assemble the bunks.

Positive thoughts are I love having the aisle and the kids love sleeping on it. The kid's version's cot material isn't as robust as the adult version, but then again it isn't rated for the same weight. Downside is I can't use it like a sofa like I could with the adult version. If you have any other questions please let me know.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I looked into it extensively and the reports I got from users suggested that it was a pretty good bunk setup, but that sofa mode wasn't going to impress most people. You're very low to the ground and the backrest very vertical. That may or may not be an important part of the decision, but probably worth knowing.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
We've had them for a few years and while they are nice and comfy for the kids they are Heavy! Ideal for camps where you are staying for more than a night. Breaking them down always ends up getting frustrated at getting the "discs" off the metal poles. You are always sweating by the time you are lugging them back to the vehicle.

Wildcat

Adventurer
i saw that they weigh @ 64 pounds. is that per pair or each bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uberhahn

Observer
i have a set. rock-solid. no wobble. my twins will sleep on it. i've spent a number of nights on the top and bottom. no issues. purchased at cabella's a few years ago.

A few tips, observations. Be aware of the weight. They pack well (as in, flat), but they are heavy.

Taking them apart brings to mind the "push, never pull" method with tent-poles. The multi-segment poles (sides) do not lock to each other. As you try to extract them from the individual sleeves of the platforms, they come apart. Its easy enough to just lift the fabric for them to fall out.

i love mine. use them camping. use them when kid's friends come over.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I want to try these, but man they are HEAVY. Wish they made them out of aluminum or something, probably twice the cost though, Heh.

Excellent cot system

I have have two pairs of the XL sized cots. Heavy, cumbersome and time consuming to assemble - but isn't everything that is robust and comfortable?!?! At the end of the day, super comfortable and worth the extra effort and time, at least to our family!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles