Nice real fridge test

stephaneD

Thank for the link :) help me make my final choice, I just order the weaco 65 dual zone they are not popular in US no real MAP and price are still pretty low compare autralia or europe

stephaneD

Receive it today I plug it and in no time it was freezing,to early to really talk about performance but first impression im very impress on the quality of the unit look very solid and very silent.

HKguy

Following also. I watch All 4 Adventure on youtube and Weaco is all they use and seem to be good kit. I have my eye on a 80 on CL for 500 right now that is brand new.

cruxarche

Observer
I have no experience with the Waeco units, so I will not comment on them. I will say that my experience with the Engel units does not match up to the results of the test. I make a habit of measuring my total amp draw when I camp with my Engel MT45, and it usually uses about 12-15 amp hours in a 24 hour period. At 2.5 amps, a 50% duty cycle would be 30 amp hours. I am not sure why the authors believe that the Engel (Sawafugi) units are designed to run almost constantly. That would result in almost 50 amp hours in a 24 hour period.

Now it is true that I am mostly in mild climates high 80's during the day and high 50's at night, but I am not sure how they got the Engel to draw 2X the current as the rest of the fridges.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Yeah my Engel (MR040) doesn't use much juice at all. Engel told me it would average about 1 amp, and in my experience it hasn't even used that much. Though like you I don't live in a desert or anything.

stephaneD

My follow up this fridge is brillant I absolutely love it it work none stop since receive it. I set the freezer -11C keep my ice and meat frozen, the fridge side is steady between -0.5 to 1C degree on a calibration thermometer water froze at 0C beer -2 so my beer is creasy super cold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior