What do you put in your peli case?

GREENI

Adventurer
I came upon a Peli case the other day and it was one of those 'that's worth having' moments.
You know how it is, you buy something, then find a use for it later.

Trouble is, I'm not sure what to use it for, so I'm looking for some inspiration.
Can you post yours up please?

Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I have a bright orange one with dividers and top cassete for my first aid kit....I hate soft bags that destroy all the sterile wrappings inside before you even have the chance to use them.

The second is an an empty case with just a small foam base and top- laptop, tablet, papers camera etc etc and use a padlock and cable for securing anywhere i go, hotel rooms rig camps etc it holds all my bright and shiny personal gear when I'm on the rig. usually locked to plubing pipes, imovable objects.

In the vehicle is just means any river crossings or accidents my expencive gear is all safe and dry.

Some on here use for tools and spares, but for that I find soft bags are easier to stow

screwball48

Explorer
I have two smaller ones that I keep in the back of my jeep. One has some basic tools in it and the other has a few tools and tie downs in it. I am thinking of adding a third one for trailer hitch accessories. It all depends on how big a case you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishEH

Explorer
1 smaller one for smaller hand tools. Screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
1 larger one for my spares. Switches, MAF, fittings, fuel pump, tensioner pulley, etc.

Last edited:

GREENI

Adventurer
Thanks guys, I think it may get used for electrical (go pro, iPad etc) though I never thought about tools. I can get some more cases.
@uk4x4, it's a good suggestion about locking them up.
Anymore suggestions or photos, please keep them coming.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Being a Peli-geek I carry everything from repair parts to my camp kitchen in a variety of cases! The back of my 60 is platformed so all the cases are strapped down. Good luck with your new obsession....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 124

WESBC

Observer
I had one of those moments a couple years ago went through a phase...

49.jpg

scaledIMG_1191.jpg

scaledIMG_1180.jpg

scaledIMG_0654.jpg

scaledIMG_0660.jpg

The small ones I use for stashing misc items in my cars, the larger ones are filled with camping stuff in the closet. I really never needed them, but they are cool to have.

Expedition Leader
A new one with nice foam for camera equipment; several other cheap military surplus ones (with no or removed foam) for portable HF ham radio & equipment, PowerTank hoses and chucks, etc., electrical repair tools and supplies.

GREENI

Adventurer
Wow. WESBC, that's a hell of a collection, great stuff guys. I'm probably going to look at getting a few mor cases, there's some great ideas...and let's face it, you can't have too many storage boxes !!!

Woodsman

Adventurer
I have two of the rifle size cases attached to my roof rack.

I carry the following low value items and more in those two case and it really help with interior space and accessibility of the items. I've never locked them even when parked at hotels.
PETT toilet with wag bags
axe
bow saw
tent with pegs and rope
plastic tarp for under tent
extra shoes, shower flip flops and gloves
rain gear
and more

screwball48

Explorer
If BritKLR or WESBC would kindly name me in there last will and testament's I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94