Luxury Chase Truck Build [2007 F250-Carli Coilover]

CAPT.HODGES

just so you know, plugging the sidewall of the tire like that is unsafe, theres a risk of blowouts. I would recommend replacing those tires ASAP.

I am aware of that, but thank you for throwing it out there. It was all temporary. The one directly in the sidewall was just the spare anyway. I'd never run that on the highway. The ones in the tread have been patched to get a few more street miles out of them. I'll be getting a whole new set once I decide between a few I have in mind.

JJEH

Probably either going to be the new BFG AT/KO2, Toyo M/T, Toyo A/T, or Falken Wildpeak A/T

And thanks! Haha

Lol, those tires are okay I guess ;)

But seriously though, Carli produces some fine systems... wish they'd offer something for mine.

Darkrider

Adventurer
Great build so far! Def gonna snag the shell clamp idea for my K1500 if i decide to keep the topper on it. Though i have a question...what the hell do you do for tunes since you blocked your head unit with the tablet?

CAPT.HODGES

Great build so far! Def gonna snag the shell clamp idea for my K1500 if i decide to keep the topper on it. Though i have a question...what the hell do you do for tunes since you blocked your head unit with the tablet?

Sorry for the late reply. I always have my phone plugged in with an aux cord so I just reach under and hit the six button every time I get in haha. If I want to listen to the radio bad enough I can still reach my preset buttons and the am/fm if I need!

CAPT.HODGES

Copied over from Dezertrangers:

Five months later to the day!

Added a couple hard-wired USB ports for my phone and OBDii monitor (old iPhone).
bb942ac241a829c68f94031a72cbb8cb.jpg

Got tired of dealing with leaky, patched tires every other day. Pulled the trigger on 4 BFG AT KO2s with warranties from America's Tire. The fact that they're a small 37 is an added bonus; clearances are already tight, and I can barely fit a spare underneath. I know they're not invincible but I like the design enough to give them another try before moving on, hoping the improvements BFG has made gives them just enough more durability to survive. If they don't, I'll get free replacements, sell them off, and probably try the Toyo RT.
07e5d42bcce49b7f2f2f4b35a1b7c25a.jpg

733105c52e1f5ff1214300c0390f5375.jpg

21f7fa6a7af0fd83dcc7983741e9c47d.jpg

Now I've got three old AT's to get rid of. They're good for spares.

1 has great tread, no holes, some nickel-size chunks on the rim protector of the inside bead (white letter side). I don't really think it would affect performance but they're definitely there.

2 have slightly chunked tread, one patch each on the tread but we're holding air fine. Both have similar chunking on the inside bead.

That bead area damage is pretty weird. Don't know if it was from a gravel slinging sesh or the shop going ape **** on them trying to dismount, or both...

If anyone wants mediocre spares...text for pics! 310-383-0398

justcuz

Explorer
Pretty cool to see how many trips this truck has been on.
What's up with the DRM guys? Mike selling the Bronco and Jesse selling the Explorer. Are they upgrading or moving on to different interests?

CAPT.HODGES

Pretty cool to see how many trips this truck has been on.
What's up with the DRM guys? Mike selling the Bronco and Jesse selling the Explorer. Are they upgrading or moving on to different interests?

*DMC. I'm pretty sure Jesse has his sights on a full size build similar to mine, probably out of a Dodge. Mike and the Bronco? Not really sure. Maybe he wants to build something more reliable...haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justcuz

Explorer
I admire the fact that you guys get out as often as you do. Also your post trip cleanup, care and servicing of your truck is to be envied. I am still trying to find time to wax out the pin striping I recently got from 2 dirt road trips ago! I'd rather use it than clean it!
I know it must be done though from a preventative maintanace standpoint, but this hot weather makes it no fun to do.

I think if Mike would have done the entire Chevy engine, trans and transfer case he would have been better off. GM NV4500's are out there. Even an automatic would have been better than the expense and hassle he has had since the conversion.

scootr2200

@THODGES89,

I have followed your build thread from the beginning and have also really enjoyed it. I enjoy looking at your attention to detail and different projects that you have completed on your Super Duty. I have also referenced it several times for mod ideas for my 2013 F150, I hope you don't mind!

How have things been going for the truck? Have you performed any mods recently or do you have any updates to share?

Also, could you provide a bit more detail on the electrical add-on supplies you have used like the insulated wiring, braided wire loom, and primary wiring you ran to the fuse block at the rear of the truck? Is there anything that you would do differently if you were to start over from the beginning?

Keep up the awesome work!

Mickey

CAPT.HODGES

I admire the fact that you guys get out as often as you do. Also your post trip cleanup, care and servicing of your truck is to be envied. I am still trying to find time to wax out the pin striping I recently got from 2 dirt road trips ago! I'd rather use it than clean it!
I know it must be done though from a preventative maintanace standpoint, but this hot weather makes it no fun to do.

I think if Mike would have done the entire Chevy engine, trans and transfer case he would have been better off. GM NV4500's are out there. Even an automatic would have been better than the expense and hassle he has had since the conversion.

Thanks, man! Sorry for the [super] late reply. We try to 'reset' the trucks as well as we can and prep for the next trip, but it's tough with life getting busier for everyone. Mine hasn't had wax or pinstripes buffed out for over a year now. I finally serviced a few fluids and my broken leaf spring center pins around 150k recently. Big update coming soon...

CAPT.HODGES

@THODGES89,

I have followed your build thread from the beginning and have also really enjoyed it. I enjoy looking at your attention to detail and different projects that you have completed on your Super Duty. I have also referenced it several times for mod ideas for my 2013 F150, I hope you don't mind!

How have things been going for the truck? Have you performed any mods recently or do you have any updates to share?

Also, could you provide a bit more detail on the electrical add-on supplies you have used like the insulated wiring, braided wire loom, and primary wiring you ran to the fuse block at the rear of the truck? Is there anything that you would do differently if you were to start over from the beginning?

Keep up the awesome work!

Mickey

Thanks, I appreciate it! Yes I can elaborate, I'll try to throw down some links and info this week. Glad my ideas could inspire yours!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior