RAM X mount issue..

Longrange308

Adventurer
So I just installed my RAM mount X-Grip mount for my tablet, but with the tablet in it, the arms are still sprung back slightly, and because of this it allows the tablet to swivel.. Is this normal? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

v_man

Explorer
Not sure if my situation was exactly similar to yours , but here is a possible solution I wrote on Amazon awhile back:

I had my RAM (x grip) mount on my motorcycle handle bars on a cross country moto trip. First it performed flawlessly for my iPhone 4. Many reviewers here are noticing that when your phone is locked into the mount, it will rotate or slide into an unwanted position. A partial solution to this that I found is to open up the mount ( by unscrewing the 4 little screws) , and removing some of the grease inside. I just wiped most of it off. This essentially increased the friction so that it was more difficult for the RAM to rotate . My iPhone never swiveled or rotated after 'degreasing' it.

fishEH

Explorer
When the tablet is in the cradle, it will only turn so far each way. I usually just mount the arm so the tablet is oriented the way I want it when it's turned all the way one way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior