Which Winch Mount and Winch for 2013 Ford E350 Super Duty

Jolly705

Observer
I have a stock front bumper on my E350 and wondering what are some options for a winch mount that does not cost an arm and a leg. I would love an Aluminess, U Joint or Trail Ready type front bumper but it is out of my price range. Does someone make a "simpler" brush guard type grill with a mount?
I did see Quigley makes a hide away mount for $550 which could be an option but I don't mind sticking it out in the open if the price is right.
I also did some research and it seems as though Warn are the winches to go with. Is there a big difference between the endurance and VR12000. I don't plan on doing a ton of "aggressive" off roading so I was thinking the more entry level would do the trick. Thanks again.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Warn certainly makes some good winches, but so do other companies.
Don't overlook craigslist. I just picked up a Ramsey RE12000 for $200. It needs a new motor but other than that it is in very good condition, so for less than $600 I got a really nice $1400 winch.

Jolly705

Observer
Craiglist is a great idea, had not thought of that. I am having trouble finding a mount or bumper that is affordable to mount it.

Warn certainly makes some good winches, but so do other companies.
Don't overlook craigslist. I just picked up a Ramsey RE12000 for $200. It needs a new motor but other than that it is in very good condition, so for less than $600 I got a really nice $1400 winch.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Can't help with a bumper suggestion since my pickup is an '85 F-250. Though i did find an 80's Warn bumper on craigslist to fit it for $100.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Can't help with a bumper suggestion since my pickup is an '85 F-250. Though i did find an 80's Warn bumper on craigslist to fit it for $100.
That's what I did. A Craigslist bought Warn Chevy bumper for my E350. Even if you can't weld brackets a welding shop does those fast jobs cheap. The problem for people with nice new vehicles is that they can't wrap their head around using used stuff or gowd forbid they have to modify somthing to fit. The majority of rigs today are built today out of catalogs. There is a lot of nice stuff to choose from but on every gathering of rigs the stuff that gets the attention because it's the coolest is the home brewed ingenuity.image.jpg
image.jpg

Jolly705

Observer
That came out really nice, my buddy has a welding shop here so that is def. an option. I am kind of shocked that no one makes anything remotely "cheap" for the E350. You can find stuff for the F 350 (etc) all day long.

That's what I did. A Craigslist bought Warn Chevy bumper for my E350. Even if you can't weld brackets a welding shop does those fast jobs cheap. The problem for people with nice new vehicles is that they can't wrap their head around using used stuff or gowd forbid they have to modify somthing to fit. The majority of rigs today are built today out of catalogs. There is a lot of nice stuff to choose from but on every gathering of rigs the stuff that gets the attention because it's the coolest is the home brewed ingenuity.View attachment 291838
View attachment 291839

screwball48

Explorer
As far as I know all of the superduty truck front bumpers will bolt up to the E series vans of the same generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Ramsey used to make a series of hidden winch mounts, kind of like Dodge did with the Power Wagon, with the cable feeding out under the factory bumper. I almost put one of those on my old GMC, but they could only accommodate winches up to 9K at that time. That was years ago, but check with Ramsey for E/F-350 mounts that don't require a new bumper. You might also be able to fit a hitch-mounted winch to the front or rear, or both. I did get a front 2" hitch for the GMC and I think it was a Warn part that would take any company's hitch mount winch. Used stuff is always the way to go if you have skills or friends and can make it work.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Here are a few shots of the mount. Hold it up with jack stands to figure out what needed. The width of most truck bumpers are about the same. As long as it's not contoured to a specific vehicle too much your OK. You can see this Chevy bumper was OK.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jolly705

Observer
Stumpalump
Thanks for the photos, that looks really good. I have been searching craigslist and ksl (local site).

Screw, that would be great there are a lot of option out there for the F Super Duty, I will have to look into this more.

Ducky, thanks I will look into Ramsey

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Jolly,

I was looking into winch bumpers for my Tundra I was shocked. $1500 for s bumper, I mean come on! I would much rather build one or have a local shop build one for less or the same price and get exactly what you want.

I'm putting Come Up winches on my Expedition Truck, maybe take a look at them too?

amo292

Adventurer
We use a simple warn cradle and 9.5 winch on our F250 work trucks. They are designated winch trucks for the beach so they get used multiple times a day in the full summer swing. So far they have been holding up great. Hope this helps!

IMG_5138.jpg

drifter_r6

Observer
Warn makes a hidden winch mounting system that retains your stock bumper. Unfortunately you have to get the optional "skirt kit" which covers all the gaps, if you want it to look half way decent.

Warn Hidden

Jolly705

Observer
It looks like Warn only makes the hidden for the F350 and not E350. I know Quigley makes a hidden kit which is $550. I guess one option could be to put a front hitch on the Van and mount the warn mount to that. Not sure how it would "look" though.

https://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/multi_mount.shtml

Warn makes a hidden winch mounting system that retains your stock bumper. Unfortunately you have to get the optional "skirt kit" which covers all the gaps, if you want it to look half way decent.

Warn Hidden

Jolly705

Observer
Well I decided to go with the Rhino Grill and in time when I save some $$ I will put the Quigley hidden under bumper winch mount (stock bumper) and warn winch. So now it is time to either win the lotto or save some $$ Here are some pics with the Rhino brush guard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles