PABLO AND ANNA COMIC STRIP. A new adventure begins.

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Sometimes breakdowns occur for a reason. Last August 2014 we were in the northern tip of Newfoundland, with a broken torsion bar in the land of very far away, when a guy arrived with his powerful and overloaded motorcycle. He was travelling from Washington D.C., and got surprised with our story of 14 years non-stop living in the road. We had dinner together and he left the following day with a bug in his brain.

One month later he wrote to us with a brilliant idea: ‘everybody has done books and documentaries about overlanding, but no one has ever done a comic strip. Would you be interested? I've read your books, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of funny stories to share.' We loved the idea.

He had a friend, a very good illustrator from Boston, and we started to have fun in very long Skype conversations. 9 months later we have the first Pablo and Anna Comic Strips.

We would love to receive commentaries. Hope you like the stories! (More @ www.viajeros4x4x4.com)

All started with a crazy idea. Again.

Comic_001 GIF.jpg

Last edited:

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
15 YEARS LIVING ON THE ROAD! PABLO AND ANNA COMIC STRIP

In 15 years we've been through 3 different presidents (in Spain and in the United States), the DotCom crisis, the Lehman Brothers Crisis, the Greek Crisis, the Argentinean Corralito, four mechanical breakdowns in places you really don't want to break down (the Sahara Desert, Sibiloi National Park, the Altiplano, in the middle of the Andes), assaults, robberies and armed hostilities (you'll read about this in the book that's currently being translated); we ate insects and elephant meat, walked amongst lions without a gun, crossed the South Atlantic Ocean in a fishing vessel, and went into a cave in Africa where people had been infected with ebola. We sailed down an Amazon river in a 6 log wooden raft, and hitch-hiked on a ship to cross between Colombia and Panama. Our 4WD van was named La Cucaracha, we got married in Las Vegas in a drive-thru chapel, and now, after 15 years on the road, we'll have to survive being caricatured by a funny illustrator...

Comic_003.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Clever idea. It lends itself to translation into many languages. Do you have a plan for distribution? Syndication with a magazine (hint, hint OJ) or newspaper?

REMOTEPLACES

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing, Pablo! We met at the NWOR a few weeks back, it was a pleasure meeting you and Anna. I've shared your story a dozen times since returning, too amazing/inspiring not to share. My wife and I enjoy the bracelets that Anna made as well! Scott, great meeting you, too! I was the guy in the straw hat and I might of had a beer in my hand.

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing, Pablo! We met at the NWOR a few weeks back, it was a pleasure meeting you and Anna. I've shared your story a dozen times since returning, too amazing/inspiring not to share. My wife and I enjoy the bracelets that Anna made as well! Scott, great meeting you, too! I was the guy in the straw hat and I might of had a beer in my hand.

Thank you for sharing our life-long overland story, Remote Places! Keep tuned, there are a lot of new comic strips and stories we are going to share through Overland Journal and Expedition Portal!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Clever idea. It lends itself to translation into many languages. Do you have a plan for distribution? Syndication with a magazine (hint, hint OJ) or newspaper?

Hi Haven, the comic strips are a new way of sharing overland and adventure stories! Now we want to see if people likes them, and it looks like we are on the right path. Syndication by one or several magazines is the next step after we have shared more strips, so the magazines will have options to choose from.

We have so many funny and surrealistic stories after 15 years on the road, that this could be a very long succession of laughs.

Cheers!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO SLEEP IF YOU ARGUE WITH YOUR PARTNER DURING AN OVERLAND TRIP?

Where are you going to sleep if you argue with your partner during an overland trip around the world?
The roof...?

Comic_006.jpg

Pablo and Anna, the adventures and misadventures of an international couple in a 4WD van called La Cucaracha, after 15 years overlanding this crazy planet called Earth...
More comic strips at www.viajeros4x4x4.com !

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
HAVE YOU PREPARED YOUR LUGGAGE FOR YOUR NEXT OVERLAND TRIP?

¡Se acercan las vacaciones! ¡Genial! ¿Ya preparaste el equipaje? ¿Estás segur@ que no olvidas nada?

Holidays are coming! Great! Super-Duper! Have you prepared your luggage for your next overland trip? Are you sure you do not forget anything?

Comic_002.jpg

More Pablo and Anna comic strips @ www.viajeros4x4x4.com

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
DAMN MONKEEZ STEALING OUR SPAGHETTI IN KENYA!

Damn monkeez that stole our spaghettis in Kenya! They ate them raw, one by one, while watching (and laughing) at us from the top of a tree....

Comic_007.jpg

More Pablo and Anna comic strips @ www.viajeros4x4x4.com !

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
IT COULD BE FUN TO COMMIT MISTAKES TRYING TO SPEAK A NEW LANGUAGE...

It’s fun to commit mistakes trying to speak a new language. You always end up inventing something new in a far away country.

Comic_009.jpg

More Pablo and Anna comic strips @ www.viajeros4x4x4.com and @ Facebook !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior