Awnings

david506th

Adventurer
We are in the planning stages for the big purchases and I am a bit stumped on Awnings. What does everyone else use and/or what are you recommendations for size and power options.

Thanks
David

DzlToy

Explorer
inexpensive DIY version: Sunsetter manual awning glued and screwed to your camper/RV box

$$$ version: Fiamma self supporting, electric retractable with wind sensor, glued to clean, scuffed metal with Sikaflex 252

yabanja

Explorer
I am going to build my own Batwing style awning which will go around the back corner of the truck but be mounted across the back when closed so it is not exposed to branches while driving...

Allan

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
We're using a "coolabah" awning from http://www.aussietraveller.com.au/pages/products/category/2/Coolabah
We mounted it for easy removal (3 bolts) because they stick out a fair bit, the plan is to unbolt and strap it to the centre of the roof when doing tight tracks where there is a risk of ripping the awning off.
Putting it up requires a ladder because we're ~3.2m high but we've got the time down to 15 minutes to put it up and the fully enclosed annex is a further 20 minutes or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz