Loss of power after cleaning injectors

Coast Steve

I have a question for any diesel mechanics out there.

My truck is a 2000 Mitsubishi FG and it has a 3.9 liter Mitsubishi Fuso 4D34 engine.

Lately it's been a bit low on power so I took out the injectors and sent them to be cleaned and set up.

When I got them back he told me the spray patterns were a bit wonky and not spraying all that well, plus some of the pressure values were set at 180-210 bar.
The setting calls for 230 bar so he set them there. I have the full manual here

Anyway I reinstalled them and have been driving for a few hours. Now, the truck has much less power. What's with that?
All filters are new BTW.
It seems to rev ok but has no power like before. And it was pretty gutless before.

He pulled them again and rechecked them all but he said they are as good as new. So I'm stumped.
I do have the full Mitsubishi Manual binders but I'm not really super good at mechanics either.
If I have a load in the truck now It will hardly move I bet.

All filters are clean and new.

Attachments

• 71424_orig.jpg
    71424_orig.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 4608917_orig.jpg
    4608917_orig.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 10

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The main power limiting factor in a diesel engine is fuel pressure, if the spring/opening pressure of the injector is too low or too high to match the turbo and airflow of the engine then your power will feel out of whack. Diesel engines are very different than gas when it comes to fueling, so be very careful of where you have things worked on and the advice you receive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior