Atw bump stop rear wheel clearance.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Can someone tell me how much clearance I need above the rear wheel with the atw suspension such that I will not have clearance problems. Or, put another way, what is the total height the rear wheel will lift after complete compression of the bump stop. I need to make sure I have proper clearance from a heater exhaust.

Thanks all

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Not sure this is exactly the answer that you need but I measure 7" from top of tire to underside of the tray on my 2005 FG with ATW springs and wheels/toyo tires. The bumpstop is progressive so it basically sits on the stop and compresses as the axle moves. The 7" dimension matches the recommendation in the body builders manual and I haven't had the tire hit (yet). Hope that helps.

Buckstopper

GR8ADV

Explorer
Not sure this is exactly the answer that you need but I measure 7" from top of tire to underside of the tray on my 2005 FG with ATW springs and wheels/toyo tires. The bumpstop is progressive so it basically sits on the stop and compresses as the axle moves. The 7" dimension matches the recommendation in the body builders manual and I haven't had the tire hit (yet). Hope that helps.

Buckstopper

Thx for the info. I got 5.5 inches total from the atw folks. So your seven makes sense as long as the box does not roll over 2 inches. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles