OEM part source for the DIY right crowd

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
I am going through the front end of my 99 Taco to tighten things up and I'm looking for a supplier that cares about OEM quality parts. My research has led me to look for the 555 stamp on tie rod ends and ball joints, which is easier said than done online. I'm nowhere near a big city, and I'd prefer to just order once.

I may just order Moog parts and hope I see that stamp, but I've heard they don't always supply OEM spec stuff. I'm in need of tie rods and ball joints right now, but I'd like to open this thread to anyone who has recommendations on where to buy the good stuff without paying too much (read: dealership).

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Fletch

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
Also, a shout out to Low Range Off Road for their great how-to videos and for bringing the OEM - 555 connection to light. Unfortunately, they are out of TRE's right now.

Hey Fletch, Why not just go OEM? Might give Cruiser Dan a call from Mud, He doesn't care if your ordering cruiser parts or tacoma parts. You still get the discount and your getting factory Toyota parts.

tip

Adventurer
They take a while to ship, but you cant beat factory parts!!! Why waste your time and money with getting parts made in China?

+1 for trdparts4u, I have also used 1sttoyotaparts.com since they are in WA, and I can do in-store pickup to save on shipping. I also highly suggest sticking with factory ball joints!

Arclight

SAR guy
Rockauto.com specifies who the actual manufacturer of most of their parts are, and includes links to the datasheets that are targeted to mechanics instead of consumers. For things like an O2 sensor or brake pads, you can find a part made by Denso, Sumitomo, etc that is noted as being an exact OEM choice.

Arclight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz